TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go with the Goodyear MT/R's. I have the 3" spacer lift, 2" shackles in the rear. Question is....I'm thinking about keeping the stock rims, and trying to fit a 285-75-16. Will it work? Or will I have to cut? :saw: I'm planning on doing the pinch weld "SMASH". Any advice???? I have a option of going with the same tires, but in a 17" Mohave Teflon.(Buddy has them @ his shop) But they are a 275, not 285. HELP!!! :confused: :confused:
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Either one would work fine, the AR wheels would probably rub less on the d/s frame at full lock depending on what backspacing they are. But then you have a smaller sidewall which equals a rougher ride.

You will most likely get a little rub at the rear wheel wells at full flex off road like the rest of us but who cares? A little miner trimming will fix it, and of course the pinch weld smash.

The gains in performance, clearance, and looks far outweigh a little rubbing once in awhile.They shouldnt rub at all on the street. As far as the difference between 285s and 275s... I doubt you could even tell the difference. Get whatever you think is the better deal for you, you cannot go wrong either way.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
MT/R's are a good choice, what made ya go that route? ;) I know with the lift I have on my truck, which is esentually about the same hight as you have, they say I can run 285-75R16's. So you should be OK with the factory rims. I'm not sure about the Teflons, I guess it would depend on the back spacing. I know with my 4" backspacing and the 265's I have now, I had to trim the plastic liner on the backside of the wheel wells, and will have to nock the pinchweld down when I get my 285's. Hope some of this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made my decision on the MT/R's because I wanted to be "like Mike". :) They seem to work extreeeeemmmmllyy well off road, and good road maners. Sounds like a winning combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts