TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently mounted 265/75/16 Pro Comp A/T's on Rock Crawlers, as seen here: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558593424QWiHjf

I am getting high speed wobbles while driving on the freeway....... any slight pit/hole in the road has the back end wobbling from side to side, like some one has grabbed the bed and is shaking it sideways while parked.

I've checked all of the lugs and under pinnings, but come up with nothing.

Could it be the short wheel-base w/taller tire's?

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an '03 Prerunner without a lift. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my original post.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have that size with a 2-2.5" lift and do not have that issue, but I have stock wheels. It sounds like they aren't quite balanced correctly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I understand what you are saying about the tires being out of balance, but the slight swaying from side to side goes away after a second or so after hitting a bump in the road.

The feeling is similar to a big rig going by you on the freeway, the air kind of moves your truck... if that makes sense?

·
Registered
597 Posts
i get a vibration with my new bfg mts on my steelies, but its only from about 55-65, above 65 its fine, it doesnt bother me enough to go through the headache of gettin them rebalanced, i went back in there once before and they put them back on the machine i was back there as well, they balanced perfect on that, you can try a road force balance they are about double the price though

·
The Road Less Traveled
88 Posts
I recently mounted 265/75/16 Pro Comp A/T's on Rock Crawlers, as seen here: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558593424QWiHjf

I am getting high speed wobbles while driving on the freeway....... any slight pit/hole in the road has the back end wobbling from side to side, like some one has grabbed the bed and is shaking it sideways while parked.

I've checked all of the lugs and under pinnings, but come up with nothing.

Could it be the short wheel-base w/taller tire's?

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

May have too much air pressure, try doing a chalk test. Might need to air down a little.
Could be time for new shocks, how old are they?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May have too much air pressure, try doing a chalk test. Might need to air down a little.
Could be time for new shocks, how old are they?
My shocks are the replacement Bilsteins from ORW and were installed 18 months ago. All was good until I had my wheels and tires installed last Saturday at 4Wheel Parts in El Cajon.

I will check the air pressure tonight after work... thanks for the heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts