TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally picked me up a cruiser last week...'87 FJ60 - ineterior is perfect (no rips or tears and no rust). Has an OME lift and 32's AT's and that's it (fornow)...will be a while before the goodies come but at least I can get out and enjoy the scenery!

Has an oil leak I have to hunt down and the roof needs some paint, otherwise it seems to run perfect.

And had to take it out wheeling 5 days after I got it:)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE!!!
Your oil leak is probably a oil pan gasket or rear main seal. Those are the common ones on 60's, just make sure you get the OEM gasket for the oil pan if that is the leak.
Thanks!

Leak is coming from the front so I think it's just a oil pan...that or a front main seal, but that is pretty uncommon...thanks for the tip on the OEM, will do.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome!!!

I haven't wheeled mine yet! I love that color too. Nice find! How much?
Thanks...yeah the color and the grey interior is one of my favorite combos.

Got it for $5900...which was an ok deal...but I was fairly limited...there isn't that many out there. Luckily, seats are prefect as is the whole interior and zero rust.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Yeah - my FJ62 was in really good shape too. Very clean, but was in need of some preventative maintenance. I bought the truck for $3000, but I've put about $4000 into it since I got it (Lift, Wheels, Tires, maintenance). So I'd say you actually got a pretty decent deal on a turn-key rig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts