TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I need some help on building my tacoma, I will be getting it sometime in December, and I am getting a 2000 prerunner 4X4, and I will be putting on a 6" Fabtech lift, with 18" blackout Rockstars, 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, I don't know alot about lifts and stuff, but I just want to know if someone else has any better ideas as to what I can do to make it a badass truck, but I don't want it lifted too high, I just want it high enough to look badass... Hit me back and let me know what yall think!!!

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
If you're going just for looks, then a 6" suspension lift along with a body lift and/or fender trimming might help clear 35s.

If you're going for performance and want to actually take your prerunner off-road, I'd reconsider the bigger lift and instead go with adjustable coilovers (like SAWs, Donahoes, etc.) set at no more than 2" to 2.5" up front, a Deaver leaf pack in the rear with 5100 Bilsteins, a rear locker (if you don't have the TRD locking rear diff) and 32" tires, or 33x10.50 (thin) tires with the pinch weld mod and some minor fender trimming. A 2wd Prerunner like yours will have to rely more on speed and momentum to go over obstacles that a 4wd can conquer at much slower speeds. Controlling the truck at slightly higher speed without tipping over will require a much lower center of gravity off-road.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I've been reading, the standard recommendation seems to be coilovers in the front with deavers or dakars in the rear with bilsteins. Also, pretty much everyone has recommended going without the body lift.
I'm sure doing some searches will help you find more answers, but it would probablly help if you told everyone what you plan on using the truck for. Guaranteed you can get more specific info if you tell them your intentions.
Just my 2 cents... I'm a noob too, but live off the search function and the FAQ right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am from houston, I don't know anything that yall were talking about, I have to go a research it myself!!! but I appreciate yalls help, and I will definatly be asking more questions!!!

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Spike. Be sure to also visit the TX TTORA forum at www.txttora.com.

Good idea to do a search and read up on all the information listed here. There are a few on here who like to flame "noobs" for not searching and asking the same questions that have been asked a bunch of times by others in the past. Most anything and everything about Tacomas can be found on this board. Be sure to also read the tech/FAQ section (should be a "clicky" for it at the top of this page). Lots of good technical info on suspension options, maintenance, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts