TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, browsed the forum a couple times, thought I'd post and say hello. I just moved to the area a couple months ago from Reno, NV to work for a race team in Delray Beach. I have an 02 Tacoma TRD extended cab. Truck is pretty much completely stock. Didn't do anything too hardcore back in Reno, just some navigational rally's and some geocaching. I'd definitely like to get out into some of the back country here and see what florida has to offer. If anyone is heading out around the area hit me up and hopefully I can meet up!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Altered, welcome to FL. I'll give you the basic rundown. There are a few of us down here in South FL. I live in Coconut Creek (just south of you but in Broward), Skip, Chaz, and Anthony live in Palm Beach Co. And I think I saw a post from another new guy who lives in Miramar. So just a few of us down here.

As for places to wheel...it's rough. Corbett is a wildlife management area in NW Palm Beach County which is probably about the best/only thing locally. There are a lot of hunters there, so we have to plan around hunting season. The best wheeling in FL is Ocala IMHO, which is roughly 6 hours north of here. I have never been to Citrus, but I see a lot of runs organized for that place, and I think it is closer than Ocala so watch out for those.

Again, welcome and I hope to see you on some trails.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome altered,you are right around Chaz but since he's into karting now we don't hear much from him and he was our main guy that got us motivated. We should try and get another Corbett run together after hunting season is over.Been a while for most of us maybe even Chaz will make it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Chaz who?lol
Does he still have the tacoma or did he sell it to get his tow rig?
I'm not sure, the last time I talked to him was a few months ago when I went down and got a part his son picked up for me.He still had it then just needed tires.All his $$$ was in his kart a very nice one at that but thats Chaz when he does someting it's top notch.Which makes me think I need to call him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all, sorry, been super busy lately with the race team and haven't had a chance to reply. Would definitely be willing to head out with anyone heading up to Corbett, just give me a shout and we can meet up!

Altered, welcome to FL. I'll give you the basic rundown. There are a few of us down here in South FL. I live in Coconut Creek (just south of you but in Broward), Skip, Chaz, and Anthony live in Palm Beach Co. And I think I saw a post from another new guy who lives in Miramar. So just a few of us down here.

As for places to wheel...it's rough. Corbett is a wildlife management area in NW Palm Beach County which is probably about the best/only thing locally. There are a lot of hunters there, so we have to plan around hunting season. The best wheeling in FL is Ocala IMHO, which is roughly 6 hours north of here. I have never been to Citrus, but I see a lot of runs organized for that place, and I think it is closer than Ocala so watch out for those.

Again, welcome and I hope to see you on some trails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've been wanting to go to corbett pretty bad lately.....working too much, havent had time.....

went once before with anthony and chaz, bout a year ago i guess... and now with the recent rains.....today especially, bound to be wet.....let me know if yall do end up deciding on a day to go.

kev
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts