TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 TRD Sport. I take delivery next week, so I'm looking at getting some Nerf bars.

1st, is there a type I should steer clear of? Any recommendations? I like the style that has separate platforms for each door.

2nd, I'm pretty handy, but don't have a shop. Are these a giant pain to install? Will I need a 2nd pair of hands?

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
Do you plan to offroad in the rocks? If so, you should look at rock sliders. Those are made to take the weight and not get destroyed. Step bars like you asked are functional, but will get destroyed if you hit the rocks.

There are a ton of options for step bars. Avoid the cheap Ebay or Amazon versions. Look for something from a respected manufacturer. Most are easy to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you plan to offroad in the rocks? If so, you should look at rock sliders. Those are made to take the weight and not get destroyed. Step bars like you asked are functional, but will get destroyed if you hit the rocks.

There are a ton of options for step bars. Avoid the cheap Ebay or Amazon versions. Look for something from a respected manufacturer. Most are easy to install.
I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. This truck will see a lot of ice ridges and snow, as It's going to be used for ice fishing.

Who are the reputable manufacturers? Yes, I realize I can google it, but we all know companies pay a premium to sway review sites or have their name come up as the top hits on search engines.

I guess a good question is, what's the one site that a lot people trust when it comes to breaking down truck accessories?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts