TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys and gals. Im from kentucky and enjoy the outdoors greatly. I just purchased a 92 4runner 3.slow v6 4X4 automatic with 108k original miles and i want to probably do either the 3.4l or 4.0 v8 swap. I know the 3.4 would be the easiest but my question with that is what transfer case and automatic transmission would i use. Dont really want to hassle with converting to 5sp manual tranny if possible. I thought i had read about a company that made the conversion wiring harness is you guys could give me that info as well. I would also like your guys info and advise on suspension upgrades to get rid of the sag ass rearend and maybe a better front end solution for daily driving and weekend fun. Thanks guys you have a great forum and i appreciate all the hard work and info you offer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
for a tcase you have a chain driven one but i would suggest you switch out for a gear driven one they are more dependable. for the wiring harness i used painless. for the sagging rear switch out the rear coils for ones off a ford f150. as for suspension sas it from the start but dont go onver a 5inch sas. i would stick to a 4inch sas and run 35s with 488 gears and down the road add elockers also welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what part numbers for an auto transmission and transfer case should i look for and what years can i find them in.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts