TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im new to the site and had a question right away. Im installing a S/C on my 99 Tacoma 3.4 and was wandering what all the hoopla is about. My list of parts is as follows: TRD S/C, URD seventh injector kit, Doug Thorley Headers, and exhaust. My question is, Should I install some kind of injector upgrade as well? Ive read tons of posts but cant seem to find a deffinite answer. I understand that the seventh injector kit will solve any pinging or lean conditions but is there anything to be gained by changing the injectors as well? I will already be in there, just wandering? Im sure this questions been answerd before just cant seem to find what im looking for.:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
info

Sorry, may have been rude to just jump in.
Erik Valdez, Been wheeling for about ten years (only yotas) Lots of mud in south Texas but ive made the rounds. Moab,Hot springs,Colorado,New Mexico,and of course east Texas. I like the trails more than the mud or rocks for my Tacoma but I have a rock buggy as well. I had a 92 pickup a few years ago that I wheeled across the country and found that the 4 cyl couldnt make it in high alt. So now im looking to go with a S/C for my Taco. Its still stock at the moment but im working on getting it trail ready for the summer!

Attachments

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Hidey-ho neighbor! Welcome to TTORA!

Glad to have another Texan here. Check out our Chapter's website for events and other stuff.

Click HERE for TTORA TEXAS Chapter!

Plus, check out the Newbie Tech Threads and Search button...this will prevent any angry responses. We just hate to repeating ourselves, especially since most questions have been answered before.

To answer your Q, I do not know, since I do not have a SC.
But off hand, I would say yes.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome To TTORA!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Im new to the forum scene so I dont really understand how it works yet but Ill figure it out. What part of texas are you from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts