TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up? My name is Mike, I just joined up and look foward to the trips, trails, travels and just good times meeting new people. I live in Highlands Ranch and have lived in Colorado all my life. I used to own a 1992 pickup when I was in high school til I sold it to my dad and picked up a 2001 Jetta (good gas)

Well I am trading in my car within the next couple of weeks for a new Tacoma, good ol dream truck. Plan on the TRD which I will probably stick with for the rear diff. Though I will drop the stock suspension of course for a little bigger lift and some wheels and tires.

Well about myself I work in Geek Squad fixing computer so if anyone has questions feel free to ask ha. I love the outdoors, fishing, camping, snowboarding, jet skiing, you name it. I also spend some time on computers of course or playing some COD4 or Halo on the 360. XBL anyone?

Look forward to meeting you guys and I'll keep you updated when the new ride arrives

-mike

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike!

We have a great group here in Colorado with all kinds of trucks and builds, you'll learn a lot around here.

You'll be amazed what a stock Tacoma TRD can do, trust me. You'll be glad you spent the extra for the locker if you stick around this club and take your truck off road, trust me ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured Colorado would have a very active group. With all the mountains trails etc. I can't wait, I miss my old truck waaay too much. I've been losing sleep from the excitement for the new Toy.

I've heard the stock TRD is good, I'll just browse for the suspension options, I don't plan on anything too big anyway so we'll see. The other options I'm still fine detailing that I don't know too much about. For example, is the full cat worth it or am I better off getting that somewhere else since I know stealerships are a little pricey.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome to the Board! I am in the area down by Chatfield and have a 2007 DC TRD. Love it and with only a 2.5" lift so far it keeps up with the big boys. Going for belly armor next to keep all the vitals protected.

See you wheelin!

·
7,735 Posts
Another geek to the culb... Welcome.

As for replacing your cat, I doubt you'd see any major improvement with that. I'd recomend getting the truck, wheeling it as is, then figuring out what you want improved and go from there.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Another geek to the culb... Welcome.
Is this geek code?? :D

Welcome to the neighborhood and congrats on the new wheels! I got the catback from the factory on my FJ. It's more sound than fury IMHO.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the welcomings.. I'm almost counting down the days. I may have to wait til I get back from vacation in Cali which will be the end of the month. Figure if I get it now my brother will just drive it around haha. But I want it now ^^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts