TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for TTORA and am about to order Donahoe front coilovers this week, the model (#5-8610) usable with stock UCA's. Any opinions on the way these ride?? I currently have daystar poly-urethane spacers but those are going to be tossed. My truck is not a wheeler, but takes me out to to where I need to go to ride Motocross and BMX...

Thanks,
Joey

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I just signed up for TTORA and am about to order Donahoe front coilovers this week, the model (#5-8610) usable with stock UCA's. Any opinions on the way these ride?? I currently have daystar poly-urethane spacers but those are going to be tossed. My truck is not a wheeler, but takes me out to to where I need to go to ride Motocross and BMX...

Thanks,
Joey
They ride awesome and you will feel a big differnce from the spacers you have now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick responses! I have them quoted at $950 +tax at a local shop, but I know Donahoe is behind in production but will have product soon. My current setup is worn and way too soft. Two motorcycles in the back and I'm driving a Caddy...

Does anyone know if you can run the Donahoe reservoirs in the rear with stock leafs?

·
Registered
967 Posts

Thanks,
Joey
The DR coilovers are one of the best mods i've done to truck...other than all the DO crap.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
get new leaf packs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to lift the rear end of my truck though, the new leafs normally add about 1.5 to 2". The Bilstein 5100's would work with stock rear ride height right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks, this place rules by the way, I have had my truck since it was brand new and heard of TTORA but never knew how much knowledge was available here, I have a renewed psych for my truck and future mods!

How do I get a photo gallery here to show pics?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
As a member, you just need to go to the photo gallery page and click onto the UPLOAD hyperlink on the upper right hand side of the page.
UPLOAD HYPERLINK TO THE WEBPAGE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So I'm finding out that it is a better ride to install the Donahoe extended coilovers with new upper a arms (Camburg opinions?) Do the new upper a arms make the front tires stick out more?

With this set up, I should be able to run Bilstein's in the rear with stock leafs right? I see a lot of people running new leafs such as Deavers, is this a requirement that I may be overlooking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not really a requirement but it will greatly increase the ride quality over stock and help even out the lift from front to rear. Of course, it always works out better to try and do everything together the first time if you can afford to. If not, ya do what you can, when you can. If you can only afford the front CO's for now, do that and set your sights on what's next and go from there. It's a downward spiral, lol.

Welcome to the empty wallet club ...4x4=$X$ when ya hold down shift ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts