TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been an avid land cruiser fan for a few decades. started out with a 1970 fj40with a small block mated to the stock 3spd setup and progressed to a 78 fj40 with stock powertrain and 4" lift that i drove the piss out of and a 69 fj55 that i never got running.

went a couple years without cruisers when i was at my poorest (only rig was a 79 gmc 4x4 on 35s), but went hog wild after that. since then, i've had a 77, 74, 75, 69, 68, 65 fj40s, 78, 75, 78 fj55s, 83 fj60, and i still have a bone stock 1962 fj40fst, 1965 fj45 swb, 1995 fzj80, 75 fj55 and a 71 fj55, and my other half has a 74 fj55. some women buy shoes...i buy land cruisers.

about 7 years ago, when i already had 8 land cruisers, a friend from work kept bugging me to buy his neighbors pickup. after 8 months, i relented and forked out the $250 and got an 87 with a 22r, bench seat, and blown g 4spd tranny. a few hundred bucks later and i swapped in a w56. a friend rebuild the carb and i did a tune up and two oil changes and from there, drove the piss out of that rig. loved it!!!! but when we started building a rig to be raffled off, i needed a truck to tow it with and traded my little pickup in on an f250. regretted it ever since. the ford sucked balls and i missed my little beater.

problem is you don't find 80s trucks that are cheap and not hacked up.

fast forward and a deal came up on a relatively rust free 87 4runner with engine issues. engine had been rebuilt recently, but had locked up. the guy i bought it from was going to rebuild it, but found a better deal, so i bought it from him....that's where this episode of my life begins

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome. people here love to hear and see about builds. they REALLY like pictures of before, after, during, from the left front corner, from the rear right corner, over the top view from a 3 story building, etc. pictures are very important to this club. There is also a wealth of knowledge, as well as lots of members who like to help and have a lot of cool tools. there should be a meet and greet down here in the springs soon, come down and drink some booze.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Welcome to the club, what are your plans for this rig? Crawler, caged, expedition, lowrider?

What color(s) is the Runner, half orange and black? We may know the previous previous owners... :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the club, what are your plans for this rig? Crawler, caged, expedition, lowrider?

What color(s) is the Runner, half orange and black? We may know the previous previous owners... :D
daily driver. with all the cruisers and a build going on in the springs on another cruiser, i need something that gets 24mph, not 14 ;)

sorry, no orange and black. it's a dark blue.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Are you the cat on CO4x4 selling the '75 FJ55? I'm poor but I'd like to see pics of the pig. :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That 55 is nice!
thanks, hopefully nice enough for someone to buy it. if not, i may have to part it. the powertrain is great, but the body has rust. i've got a ton of steel to repair it, but no time and limited body work experience. would be nice to see someone get it and fix it back up again.

meantime, we're closer to getting a friends rig out of the driveway and when it goes, so does a 78 parts pig. that will make a huge dent. as it is now, to get the 40 out of the garage requires moving at least three rigs :(

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Thanks, hopefully nice enough for someone to buy it. If not, I may have to part it. the powertrain is great, but the body has rust. I've got a ton of steel to repair it, but no time and limited body work experience. It would be nice to see someone get it and fix it back up again.
*ahem*

Now to go squeeze my money rock... :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts