TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined since I have found some great information here and thought I had enough experience with Toyota's to add something along the way. I owned a'78 FJ-40 for 6 years and did pratcically everything possible to that rig. Bought a '98 Tacoma, moved to Montana and finished college and now am Temporarily in SC. I have a Revtek on the Tacoma, ARB bull bar and 32 Deuler AT's. So far this truck has been very good to me, only boot replacement on the front CV's and Ujoints in the back.

Some of the things that I found here useful were discussions about the notorious cracked exaust manifolds on 3RZE motors and the intermitent knocking when the engine is cold many members reported with their rigs. I have experienced both of these.
So far this forum has been helpful and I hope to have something to add. I will post a picture soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Haven't decided yet. I ran a Downey header on my FJ-40 and liked it. Looks like people recommend the LC Engineering the most. The Toyota Parts 4U store has a pretty good deal on a replacement manifold so that is enticing too. I will post pictures when I get around to it.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Remember to check out the Newbie Tech thread and Search Button to see if your question has been asked before. Now post a pic of your ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.