1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on Andrew. We're waiting. Dieing to see how she looks without the canback on her.:D
It's so clean and the rest of the truck is so dirty though!

I have to wash it first! That could be months!

I have a gift certificate for a full detail I got for my birthday um... 6 years ago. As soon as the paint on the topper is hard (about a month) I'm going to get it detailed... for the first time ever. lol

I ran through wet tar about 4 years ago... it'll be nice to have that gone!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
:worthless

Sorry I had to...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is! I spent a good half hour with some goo remover and a razor blade getting rid of the adhesive from the canback. PITA. One issue I'll have to solve soon is that I can't get into my rear compartment where my fire gear lives... the back curves in too far and the door hits the opener shock mounts.

Not exactly sure how to solve that without leaving big gaps exposed.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I thought I had posted this already so if it shows up twice sorry!

I am thinking I might have to double hinge the rear compartment door. What a pain. ugh.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'll miss seeing you with the can-back around town, but damn does that thing look clean.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nice, not quite as distinctive as the floppy-top, but nice. Looking at the pics and taking a wild guess: could you add a second hinge so the top folds double to get to your gear?

·
Registered
239 Posts
hey man truck looks great. another suggestion would be to do like a ledge on the sides. i did a quick pic to show you what i mean

the blue would of course be the top
the red would be underneath
and the black would be a shock or a sliding bar

like i said just another idea

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll miss seeing you with the can-back around town, but damn does that thing look clean.
The improved security is going to be great though. No more will I wake up throughout the night thinking I'm hearing velcro opening!

"Nice, not quite as distinctive as the floppy-top, but nice. Looking at the pics and taking a wild guess: could you add a second hinge so the top folds double to get to your gear?"

That's exactly what I plan to do. Should be the easiest as well. Just cut that panel in half, and put a piano hinge on the bottom. We had a fire engine with a slide out compartment that had a similar issue and that fix worked great.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
could you add a second hinge so the top folds double to get to your gear?"

That's exactly what I plan to do. Should be the easiest as well. Just cut that panel in half, and put a piano hinge on the bottom. We had a fire engine with a slide out compartment that had a similar issue and that fix worked great.
Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Looks awesome Andrew. I love the OLD SKOOL CoTTORA sticker too! :D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looks good!!! I like the can back more but the inside of that topper is all covered and nice...I bet it stays warm in there.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Are the can backs not so water tight?I may have to look in to a normal topper hmmmm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts