TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last month I have been in and out of town a lot. On one of my trips, this is what I brought back home.

24' Baja with a 496HO mercruser, it hauls butt, Have it clocked at 74mph with the GPS. A lot quicker and bigger then my other boat.

The other day we put our boats in the water in Kemah and drove it to Freeport, TX, took about 2 hours to get there, it was a nice ride.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
WOW, nice Boat! Congrats Marco!

Take care of that trailer though; that saltwater will eat that trailer alive. I recommend bolting on several zinc pads.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW, nice Boat! Congrats Marco!

Take care of that trailer though; that saltwater will eat that trailer alive. I recommend bolting on several zinc pads.
Thanks guys, it is a lot of fun, I am still getting used to the power, I'm going from 190hp in my other boat to 425hp in this one, its a big difference.

Yes the saltwater will eat it alive. I always take my boat to the car wash as soon as I take it out of the water and wash it good including the trailer. I have seen to many trailers rust out.

My girls like the cuddy cabin part so they can get out of the sun for a little bit and lay dow and rest when we are out all day.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Thanks guys, it is a lot of fun, I am still getting used to the power, I'm going from 190hp in my other boat to 425hp in this one, its a big difference.

Yes the saltwater will eat it alive. I always take my boat to the car wash as soon as I take it out of the water and wash it good including the trailer. I have seen to many trailers rust out.

My girls like the cuddy cabin part so they can get out of the sun for a little bit and lay dow and rest when we are out all day.

I think next check i'm going to go ahead and get the oil change & Hydro hose places in mine so that it can be back on water soon.

Almost makes me wish i had the 24' Larson again.

·
Registered
360 Posts

50 \ 50 Bar oil and diesel mix, spray it into all the nooks and crannies.. let it sit overnight and hand wipe the excess..

it will help..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think next check i'm going to go ahead and get the oil change & Hydro hose places in mine so that it can be back on water soon.

Almost makes me wish i had the 24' Larson again.
Yes you need to get your boat back in the water,

SWEEEEEEET! :eek: :clap: :xbeer1:
We were over on Lake Travis in July, and will be there agin Memorial weekend nothing like Fresh water, it is a nice lake.

50 \ 50 Bar oil and diesel mix, spray it into all the nooks and crannies.. let it sit overnight and hand wipe the excess..

it will help..
Sounds good I will have to check into that.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Troy and I are around this weekend if you are going out... :D :D :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dude you need a parking lot
Are you offering some Driveway space haha. Right now Manny is hooking me up, and My parents house also. Just heard about an indoor storage for a great price so I will be looking at that place later today. So my Baja is out of the Sun.

How old of an f250?
Not to old. Right now I am looking at the 2005 + Crew Cab Diesel. What do you have?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Not to old. Right now I am looking at the 2005 + Crew Cab Diesel. What do you have?[/COLOR][/FONT]
those suck. get a 99-03 w/ a 7.3 and put a 05+ conversion clip(grill, headlights, bumper) on it if that's what you want. the 6.0s suck too hard for me. There's a nice '02 on pirate right now, CC, 4x4, 139k miles, original owner. It's in Arkansas.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919253

edit: I'll even sell you my camper if you buy it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those suck. get a 99-03 w/ a 7.3 and put a 05+ conversion clip(grill, headlights, bumper) on it if that's what you want. the 6.0s suck too hard for me. There's a nice '02 on pirate right now, CC, 4x4, 139k miles, original owner. It's in Arkansas.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919253

edit: I'll even sell you my camper if you buy it.
Not really all about the looks, just most of the 99-03 I have seen have a bunch of miles and are beat up. I do prefer the 7.3 definitely. I will look at that one on Pirate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts