TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old man just ordered up one of these to help with projects around the house, and should help me fix up my junk!

BLING

Rated at 3/8 but we'll see if it'll actually do that cleanly.

Also picked up a dryer, and I'm hoping to order a radius guide this week.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Super cool Isaac. So that is a torch correct. Not a Plasma Cutter?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad he didn't have it BEFORE we did your suspension and sliders!

What is dryer and radius guide?
I know. Well, I gotta fix my suspension, so this should help.

Dryer is an inline moisture removal that dries the air before it enters the machine, the radius guide is a magnetic base with a swivel that has a roller wheel and clamp for the torch. It allows you to cut perfect curves.

Similar idea to a compass for a pencil.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Oh - yeah, Pete just has a small water trap on the back of his. Never seen any water in it though!

Radius gage sounds cool, and definitely handy. As you have seen, you can make NICE cuts if you have a guide, but the thing cuts so fast you can see every little twitch of your hand.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lol Molly did you even look at the picture? Or do you just not know what a torch looks like? Not trying to be a jerk or harass or anything. Just wondered.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I looked at the picture. I DO not know what a torch looks like. Never seen one.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh - yeah, Pete just has a small water trap on the back of his. Never seen any water in it though!

Radius gage sounds cool, and definitely handy. As you have seen, you can make NICE cuts if you have a guide, but the thing cuts so fast you can see every little twitch of your hand.
With the drag tips, Its easier, at least for me. I agree though, the clean cuts were exactly what convinced the old man to shell out the dough. Our torch cuts metal great, but not cleanly. My welding teacher can cut uber smooth with a torch, but I don't have the patience to learn it that well. Plus, the plasma cuts without heating the piece up as much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts