TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just bought a new 2007 Toyota PreRunner Xcab with TRD package

i went on an of road trip with you guys before i joined and i loved it, and was very impressed with what the prerunners could do, so i decided to buy one because i was in the market for a car anyways

so what shoud i do to it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you're looking to offroad it a lot, first thing would be lift in tires on my list.

Nick

·
Registered
532 Posts
if you were interested in offroading why didnt you get a 4wd instead of a prerunner?

first thing you should get are really good tires and a locker if your truck didnt come with one because in 2wd you are going to need all the traction you can get.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If you got the locker, get really good tires. Then i would say some skids and a lift to fit better, bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Lift and tires and your good to go, at least as a prerunner.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would say full front to rear cage, long travel front (camburg or total chaos) and deaver 62's in the rear. If you want a good on and off road ride for a reasonable price I would say get the Donahoe front coilovers and a new rear spring pack from deaver with the Donahoe replacement rear shocks. New rims and some bigger tires and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i would love to get a 4x4, but i cant afford the insurrance

i got the locker rear end package

my only problem is that i built my 72 Monte Carlo 12 sec Drag Car, and blew all my money in that, i can buy stuff, but it will take a bit

i was thinking a 2" or 3" suspension lift, baja 33" tires, rancho suspension, front skid plate, front light bar, some kind of off road lights (dont know yet)

anything els? i dont want to go too extreme, i love going to the dunes and fun trails, and i want it to be my everyday driver

·
Registered
361 Posts
also depends in your area, if you plan on doing any dezert stuff, you could get some nice coilovers and some UCAs to start you out or LT it if you can get the money.

just be prepared that you wont be able to do any crawling with it since it is a 2wd and doesnt have a low range. mines 2wd with a locker and i can get only so many places (hence why im converting it)

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
if you have a prerunner and want to mod it and keep it your DD....the good news is, the mods specific for prerunner types will increase its road manners. Long travel, upgraded shocks and springs, will be dual purpose.(no its not going to corner flatter, you have a truck if you want to corner flatter then get a car)

My vote, Long travel front......and maybe save some money so you can put together a kick a*s long travel rear setup of bilsteins/deavers or some other combo.....from there, its all about fine tuning the setup.(thats where youl probably spend most of your time)

my $0.02

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
well i would love to get a 4x4, but i cant afford the insurrance

i got the locker rear end package

my only problem is that i built my 72 Monte Carlo 12 sec Drag Car, and blew all my money in that, i can buy stuff, but it will take a bit

i was thinking a 2" or 3" suspension lift, baja 33" tires, rancho suspension, front skid plate, front light bar, some kind of off road lights (dont know yet)

anything els? i dont want to go too extreme, i love going to the dunes and fun trails, and i want it to be my everyday driver
No on the Rancho's, if I were you get donahoes all around with Total Chaos UCA and a Deaver 10 pack, that should run you a little under 3 grand. It doesnt sound like you need long travel so no need to waste all that money. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wooo!!! Prerunner!!!
well, im not gonna go extreme, moderate trails at most, if i am gonna go big, i will go with a friend, i love duning so i will be taking it to the sand quite a bit, and i really dont want to go more than a 3" suspension lift ,because i dont think i really need to go any bigger with what i want to do

ill probably get a light bar in front with 4 day-lighters or something, and a winch (i dont know if it will be built it, or removable with hand-wratcheting), my coworker has one that is built in, but you can move it from the front to the back, i like that idea, what do you think?

for tires, i like to MT baja claws or baja radials, any suggestions for tires?

for rims, i like the rims with like 10 holes going around them, like the weld racing drag lites (but thoes are drag rims, but the same basic idea), any suggestions, i was thinking 16" ?

and i was thinking of getting a skid plate in front, i dont know if i need to protect the sides or not, i dont think i will

and to Steelhead and kamaania1, i am very proud and pleased with my truck, so if you have nothing nice to say about my truck, then dont post on this topic!

SpdBluTACO - +1 for you, go pre-runners!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts