TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up all, new to the site and wanted to introduce myself Name is Justin "Crash", I live up in Frederick. Been a while (14 years) since my last Yota, it was a 81 long bed SR5 on 33's. Man did I love and beat the crap out of that thing, I was young and dumb for sure. Long story short it was absolutely beautiful when I got it and not so much when I sold it.
Now one to my new purchase :D, Gray 1987 4runner, 5 speed bone stock with 330,000 miles. 2 owners and it spent most of it's life in Oregon. Previous owners used the 4wheel drive like 5 times and maintained it really well. Runs absolutely great, 2 small spots of rust is all, inner door jambs. and the interior is pretty damn clean. Would like to find a new gray dash pad, mine has a few cracks as most do. Gonna get 31's on it as soon as I can find a used set, got 2 bills saved up right now. It's hard being a single dad. Already picked up some TJ springs to do a quick ZUK lift. Gonna leave it at that for the moment minus basic maintenance. First mod will be bumpers and sliders(hopefully out of my extra pay check in May and a trip to Addicted offroad, already have a brand new warn 8k winch just waiting to be mounted) then on to 4.88's and lockers. After that will be a minor lift to fit 33's. Eventually wanna SAS it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello, sounds like a neat 4Runner. What kind of sas were you planning on? Leaf sprung Toyota axle on 35s or 37's?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, sounds like a neat 4Runner. What kind of sas were you planning on? Leaf sprung Toyota axle on 35s or 37's?
Wanting to end up on 37's, most likely gonna do a Toyota straight axle with leafs. Long time down the road though. Being a single dad doesn't leave to much for extra cash . Being that I have almost 340k on the drive train I am going to focus on that first. Well almost first, wanna do bumpers and sliders first, a must for the way I wheel. Just did a ZUK lift with TJ springs and got some new/used 31" BFG Muds, looks and rides so much better now. Gonna try and attach some pics.
tires and ZUK.jpg

Before.jpg

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Nice looking project! I'm over in Firestone. Went the same route to start... Sas with toy axle and it was nice I wanted wider so I went to diamond housing but all mini truck parts. Anyways I'm in the area and the guy down the street has Scotty's old orange runner and I know a ton of Toyota guys in the area if you wanna talk trucks or go buzz up for some wheeling.

Here's my 87. I hardly drive it anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking project! I'm over in Firestone. Went the same route to start... Sas with toy axle and it was nice I wanted wider so I went to diamond housing but all mini truck parts. Anyways I'm in the area and the guy down the street has Scotty's old orange runner and I know a ton of Toyota guys in the area if you wanna talk trucks or go buzz up for some wheeling.

Here's my 87. I hardly drive it anymore.
Sweet truck, damn shame you drive it much anymore. I am afraid to ask what you got into it. I will for sure be down to do some trail runs or just get together with fellow Yota owners, drink some beers and shoot the shit. I love to wrench on truck so if anyone needs a hand just holler. Wanna do a full exo cage at some point as this is my daily driver and I would hate to destroy it. Just gonna try and collect parts needed for the drive train throughout the summer, plus I am currently working on restoring my pop-up. Sucks not having a garage, I gotta pull the roof to do some ceiling repairs. Come on summer. Want to start learning some welding skills so as I said if someone needs a hand or wants to learn me some welding skills I would for sure be down.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Thanks,I have way more then I should in it. I'm about to pull it off the road for some paint work. The bay is horrible now, torn body mount up front, new hood and fenders. I just don't drive it much cause it needs so much work right now I feel like. Plus people on the road seem to hate big trucks

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Its fun tel your trying not to hit them or someone else....A contractor out here in a company truck with a kid in it tried running me off the road less then a mile from my house tuesday. First time i have drivin the truck in a while and almost right away i get that crap. Everyones saying maybe he didnt see you... He gave me the finger as i got back in to the lane and behind him and then locked his brakes before i was even under control...I was tempted to pull him out of the truck and beat the snot out of him and tell his kid not to grow up and be an asshole like dad but i thought id wooooo saaaaaw and try to avoid him....I'm really proud of myself at this point cause if i see him again it will be hard not to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts