TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think of it? I REALLY like the interior, didn`t drive it yet though.
Anything(s) you don`t like?, what do you really like about it? I`m looking for a towrig and it`s either gonna be a new tundra or a newer cummins.

anyone tow with it yet? looking to tow ~5-6 pretty regularly...
Based on the `98 tacoma I bought brand new, I`ve had GREAT
experience with toyota. For a gas engine the 350cid and 6 speed
seem to be the best around, but it always comes back to a diesel.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
don't forget the price of fuel and the MPG difference. if it's 20-30 cents more per gallon for Diesel and only 1-3 MPG better how long will it take to offset the cost of the fuel and the cost of the Diesel option.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
plus its a dodge...then again

the tundra is the best inclass towing..id go for the tundra..because im biased..and..i think they look BA!

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I have an 07 Doublecab, 2wd...

Here's my review.

MPG has increased slightly in the city, I can get a solid 15.5-16MPG city if I drive lightly...
I haven't had a chance to get a long freeway trip on it, so my best freeway MPG is still 18.5 at 70-75MPH on cruze.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, i have an 03 and i dont touch 15.5! :)

I think towing my crawler in AZ I`d would get about 10-12 MPG with a tundra. My buddy`s `03 cummins gets ~13 MPG towin his junk.

Diesel is cheaper than gas out here now. Been finding low mileage 4x4 diesels for ~$25-27K. The tundra I priced out is ~$35K...

I am a toyota guy...but price and low mileage is steering me away from it and to a cummins.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
damn, i have an 03 and i dont touch 15.5! :)
You also have 4x4 and a 5 speed tranny.
I have 2wd, 6 speed tranny (4.30's in the diff) and dual vvti.
The 4.7L 07 tundras get worse gas mileage than the 5.7's (EPA), they retain the 5speed and get 4.10's (9.5" ring gear)

the 5.7's get a 10.5" ring gear. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
don't forget the price of fuel and the MPG difference. if it's 20-30 cents more per gallon for Diesel and only 1-3 MPG better how long will it take to offset the cost of the fuel and the cost of the Diesel option.
Most places I see here in SoCal have diesel being 20-30 cents CHEAPER than regular unleaded. So better fuel economy and cheaper fuel+++

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Most places I see here in SoCal have diesel being 20-30 cents CHEAPER than regular unleaded. So better fuel economy and cheaper fuel+++
This was not the story not too long ago...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ive had mine a whopping 2 days and Im averaging 15.0 city. No freeway stuff yet :D

5.7 2wd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts