TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently having a problem with my Tacoma "surging" on acceleration. The truck runs fine when "cruising". It only seems to happen after the truck has "warmed up". I recently changed the tranny fluid and filter and the fuel filter. I also changed plugs and wires last year. Wires are stock, plugs are Bosch Platinum.

My Tacoma is a '97 Ext Cab - 4 X 4 - 3.4L - Auto. The truck is 100% stock.

Thanks in advance for any input
Tony

·
Registered
485 Posts
I doubt its plugs but you may want to check them and perhaps switch over to some NGK or Denso's. Sounds like maybe a fuel problem such as a clogged filter or a fuel pump that is ready to kick the bucket.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had a similar problem, my truck was surging at idle and low rpm (under 1500). the igniter plug had come loose when removing airbox. also, my buddys truck did some surging when one of his coil packs went bad (i think thats what their called, passenger side on top of spark plug connector).
good luck, let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. I will check on those things. I read over my post and there is one thing I left out that may or may not have any bearing on anyone's response. The truck will only surge when I'm driving it and try to accelerate. At an idle the engine runs fine whethter at an idle or higher RPM's.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those that may be intersted, the problem turned out to be one of the coil packs. It also caused issues with the plug wires. Everything is working well again. Thanks for the input and helping me solve my problem.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts