TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got an awesome deal on a warn D-ring + receiver mount or w/e it's called for a 2" receiver. Anyways I was just messing around with it and it fits loose in the factory towing package.. Is it supposto? I've tried to put my old receiver and ball on there and it fits snug but the warn receiver has a little play? Just wondering if this was normal? Thought it might bend my t/p if I yanked hard enough from a corner angle since it kinda shifts in ther thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am pretty sure you will be just fine. Mine fits somewhat loose also and I have had no issues.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks just wanted to check before yanking out any more 3500's lol

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
your hitch is going to be rated for 5500 lbs max..... there are some equations to figure out everything but you might want to occasionally rethink yanking out that 3500 truck....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the warn receiver is only rated for 5500?? That sucks lol Well I guess not I mean it's not like when somone gets stuck it takes too too much to get them out. Mostly one or two little tugs and they are free...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
joel said:
Mines loose too, ;) And I've yanked the hell out of it with no issues, but I don't have a factory receiver hitch...

x2

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had a no name one for my reciever and it's loosness was annoying as it clanged down the road. I wrapped a layer of duct tape so it fit tightly into the reciever... as far as strength goes I wouldnt worry to much as long as its within reason :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts