TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just put the 3" ome coil and aal kit on my 99,2.7,std cab. now I'm looking for tires. was gonna go with somebrand new bfg 33x10.5x15 at's to put on the polished ultra wheels that I already have. but now I came across some bfg 32x11.5x15 at's on some 5 star eagle alloys for $350. how are eagle alloys and do you think the 32x11.5 tire would be better than a 33x10.5? i hear things about rubbing with the 33's. also what back spacing am i looking for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
32s would be a good combo with a 3" lift. You wouldn't have to worry about the tire rubbing when you flex. They would also be a little nicer to the 4-banger as well. As far as the Eagle wheels, I've heard no complains out of anyone that I know that runs them, go for it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. Even if the tires are 32x11.5, you don't think they would rub? How much back spacing can I use on a '99.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Toytec OME 3" lift with the long Alcan AAL, I went with the 882 coils up front, which are a little stiffer than the 881's that typically come with the Toytec lift for a 4banger truck. I did the Pinch weld mod, and I run 33" Maxxis Mudders on Wheelers Type B steel wheels. They are 33x12.50x15....
I have wheeled my truck hard at times, but it serves as my daily driver most of the time, and the tires rub sometimes on full stuff, but not really that bad. Different tire manufacturers have different diameter tires with the same size code, in other words a 33" tire is 32.1" sometimes and 33.4" sometimes, depending on who made it, tread etc...
I ran 32x11.50's for a while with absolutely no rubbing at all, and still had near stock performance. I need to regear for the 33's, They have slowed my truck down a lot,.and I will be installing a Roger Brown 2" body lift soon that should take care of the little rubbing that I have. Hope that helps you out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts