TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I ended up selling my turbocharger 86 pickup which I had high plans for, 3.4 swap, sas, was building custom bumpers, and sliders, and rear e-locker. I sold everything thinking I was going to just wait on my yota build. I moved out here to Elko, Nevada for the summer and ended up finding me a new pickup! It was exactly what I was looking for... 3rd gen, extended cab, 5 speed, v6, bucket seats, no sunroof, and to top it all off, it has an SAS already!

It does need a little work though...
-New 35" tires
-crossover steering
-3.4 swap... which is waiting in my garage when I get back!
-new front driveshaft, also waiting in my garage in Denver

I took it out wheeling this morning and here are some pictures:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wait I think you missed an angle on your pics. :D

Nice purchase. I think you will need to add bed bob and dove tail to that list of projects but great score!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did get a pic from like every angle, and it was easier to upload all than pick and choose. I picked this up for $3200 with brand new cylinder heads and a fresh timing belt and waterpump. Bobbing the bed is definitely on the list, as well as cutting out the fender wells a little. Not quite sure about dovetailing though since I still need to haul around my dirtbikes!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
A dovetail will work if you only hall one!:rofl:

I also think you should do a trick paint job on it when you are done. ;)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be doing a lot of body work and nice paint, that is once I do the 3.4 swap, and bob the bed! It will become a darker shade of blue than it already is!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it has stock springs in the rear( with 3" lift blocks for now) and looks like trail gear 5" springs in the front, but it is not a trail gear sas kit. It has way beefier shackles and a stronger front spring hanger bracket. It does flex pretty well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts