TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all yall im new to this site and had a few questions for anybody to answer. Where can i get headers from for the 3.4l and what would be the best lift for my truck its a 97 tacoma ext cab.:saw:

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Hello to all yall im new to this site and had a few questions for anybody to answer. Where can i get headers from for the 3.4l and what would be the best lift for my truck its a 97 tacoma ext cab.:saw:
Welcome aboard! I typically warn newbies to hide their wallets from themselves upon finding us as the "mod bug" hits pretty hard afterwards. But if you are looking for headers, it sounds like you might have already been bitten.

As for the answer to your header question, Eldelbrock makes a header, as well as TRD and Downey. The TRD, I believe is the only one with the cross over going over the transmission. The other's have to be modified to do so. Otherwise they go under the transmission and expose themselves to the rocks and other things that like to reach up and grab them.

I have a '97 ext. cab as well. Regarding your lift, you first must ask yourself what you plan to do with your truck,before you can decide on what type of lift to run.

Be prepared, you will be told at least once other than me to do a search for your answers. Your questions have been asked many times here and some of the old fogies, get tired of answering them over and over. Just put your thick skin on and you will be okay.

Again welcome

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Welcome. Please read before you ask questions that have been asked over and over and over again. When you are reading, ask yourself what "best" means. I doubt anyone here can read your mind and know if you are going to be bonzen through Ocotillo Wells, or climbing through the Rubicon... or looking pretty in the mall parking lot. I also don't know if many of us know how much you are willing to spend either, so I would suggest you look through the different folders that pertain to your situation, spend some time reading, and then post up questions with a little more information that could help us help you. Thank you.

·
1,815 Posts
Be prepared, you will be told at least once other than me to do a search for your answers. Your questions have been asked many times here and some of the old fogies, get tired of answering them over and over. Just put your thick skin on and you will be okay.

Again welcome
:flipoff4:

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
ha ha! thanks for proving my post! did you read my reply before you posted? If not, I was nuts on!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Welcome

For the header I recommend looking into www.lcengineering.com they are pricey though, but so are all the headers for the 3.4 But for the price and difficulty of the install I would probably save my money for something else.
The toyota truck engines don't have a lot Hp to unlock unless you spend some major coin for turbo's and superchargers

Lift it all depends on what you want to do with the truck? What Tire size you want to run? What kind of ride you want? What is your budget?

Search Search Search Search Search and when you are done searching than Research Research Research Research Research.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Ha we all posted the samething:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my bad fella's i guess thats what i get for being a newb i make mistakes but i now know to SEARCH before i ask anything else because more then likely it has already been asked and answered.

·
1,815 Posts
my bad fella's i guess thats what i get for being a newb i make mistakes but i now know to SEARCH before i ask anything else because more then likely it has already been asked and answered.
At least you didn't start out by saying you searched, then ask a pretty basic/popular question (showing you obviously suck at lying). :D Welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i aint goin to lie i didnt even think about searching for that answer pretty lame of me but thank yall for the welcome

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts