TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. My name is Jeff and I currently live in Topeka, KS. Hopefully moving to Niwot the beginning of the year though. I was born in Colorado and lived there till '98 when I moved here, now I'm just wanting to go home :D

My truck is an '88 4Runner with the beloved 3.0L and a 5 speed. Unfortunately its just sitting right now. The engine needs some work and the steering needs to be rebuilt. I have an 8" 4.88 Lockrite 3rd for my baby, just waiting for a front 4.88 locked or unlocked, whichever shows up first ;). I'm also trying to figure out if I should move up to 33's, or stick with 31's to help the gears compensate for the Colorado altitude; any suggestion?

Future mods are pretty simple. Besides gears and tires I plan to get Addicted Off Road bumpers and sliders, along with some Budbuilt skids. And of course there's that solid axle we're all doomed for haha :welder:

Here's some pics of my truck from when she was running. . .

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome, welcome! CoTTORA is a great crew and you'll love wheeling with us!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Howdy. I loved my 88 (p/u). Should have never sold it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had 5.29's for my 33's here at altitude ... but then my pig is HEAVY.
That's kinda what I was worried about :(. I'd love to move up to 33's but I hate to start my search for a locked rear 5.29, plus I got a great deal on my 4.88.

How heavy is your truck?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Don;t forget adding me and the dog and all the crap I pack.... then we are up to 5500 prolly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Idk, I don't mind a slow truck I guess. I have a lead foot so to my right foot it feels like I'm flying, but to the speedo I'm still trying to get up to speed. I guess I'll just keep the 4.88's and see how they do with 33's and if I don't like it then I can sell them and pick up some 5.29's or 31's :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
5020 lbs with me in it and a full tank
Wow, that is heavy. Last time I had my Runner up at Bandimere it weighed 3850 or so with me in it, don't remember how much gas. Ran 23.21 @ 57 mph though. :D

Welcome to the new guy!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Wow, that is heavy. Last time I had my Runner up at Bandimere it weighed 3850 or so with me in it, don't remember how much gas. Ran 23.21 @ 57 mph though. :D

Welcome to the new guy!
Hmm...I thought Doris was one of the slowest trucks in this club, but I think she could probably pull that. Granted, its definitely one of the lightest rigs in this club too. Not sure on the actual numbers of the weight or the 1/4 mile however.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think I'm down on power, even more than a regular 22RE. That plus the heavy 31's and stock gearing just wasn't a good combo.

We should do a CoTTORA drag racing event next season, maybe on a Wednesday T&T or a Club Clash or something. It'd be entertaining to say the least. :D

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I wish I had 5.29's for my 33's here at altitude ... but then my pig is HEAVY.
quoted to make sure it sticks around! lol so many people said 5.29's was way too much when i went that route, and now everyone seems to be seeing the light.

Welcome OP.

I don't think a 22r(e) is going any faster than 25 in the 1/4 on 37s lol. Everything feels a lot faster on the street, when you get to bandimere it seems like that 1/4 mile stretch is a mile long. I'm in for a cottora showing at bandimere though, I'll partake in the fun :p ;)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
5.29's? Pshaw! Tippy's 5.71's were perfect for her tall ass overdrive and 35's (But she is/was an auto)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We should do a CoTTORA drag racing event next season, maybe on a Wednesday T&T or a Club Clash or something. It'd be entertaining to say the least. :D
If we still had the old 85 runner, we might have had a shot at slowest. :rofl:
That would be wicked awesome.

And welcome OP!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts