TTORA Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I like the seats. I hate the brackets..Let me hit up Wedge and see if i can get some lower ones or make a set. You have stock seats in the runer still? 4crawler has a seat lift kit i think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'll try to post up some pics later of the seats. I made some brackets and initially they did sit way to high. I thought my head was going to pop out the sun roof. So I had to custom cut them so they sit better.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
It's possible. I was doing the Vw thing for like 10 years. I have a set of the blue recaros if you ever wanna trade out for the gray lol

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nice! I had a set of Recaro's from a BMW 3 series in my first car. An 84 VW GTI. They had the leg extensions on the front of them. Loved those seats.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
yeah i got a set for the truck again. My GTI has gray interior but after it was a race car we had to piece an interior together so now its all gray with helious blue recaro fronts. Need gray or im going to need to wrap it all before i drive it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Russ I would trade you but my seats no longer work in a VW due to the customization.:saw::welder: All my volkswagen buddies hate that I have a decent set of recaros and they can't find any for their GTI's. LOL. Yes COTTORA rocks!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
It's ok, that car is on the back burner right now anyways. Too much to do on the truck for summer. I wish the motor was back in it so I could use it from time to time tho :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So it has been quite some time since i have posted any thing on the forum so i figured I would post some updates. First, I became a father on June 21st 2011. Asher Gray was born at 6:06pm and weighed eight pounds and seven ounces. So time has been distributed quite differently. Second, I was reading this thread again and realized I didn't explain why I made my flatbed. On Halloween of last year I was driving down highway 270 when I was side-swipped by a young girl in a red Ford Focus. She did not stop when I had pulled over to try and exchange insurance info. I ended up catching up to her enough to get the license plate number. I contacted state patrol and they helped track down who the driver was. Shortly after I was contacted by the drivers father and we ended up taking care of the situation with out dealing with insurance. I was quite upset to see my "nice" rusty bed have to be resurected into what it is today. Also when I say welding skills I was meaning to be sarcastic, I forget sometimes I am not the best author. Third, I did a big brake upgrade to FJ 80 rotors I believe and calipers off a 92 4runner, which was cool untill I realized my spindle was trashed from when my wheel bearing went out a few years ago. Here's some pics of my son and the brakes.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts