1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome Volcom, Look forward to meeting you this spring! Maybe I'll finally make it to a medano run! :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lysmachia said:
Welcome Volcom, Look forward to meeting you this spring! Maybe I'll finally make it to a medano run! :D
Thanks for the welcome. Medano is an easy run but would be a blast to combine with a trip up Blanca. I've camped off of Medano 15+ times and it's a blast. Just watch out for the bears :D They have installed bear boxes at each of the campsites to put your food and trash in overnight.

We had a bear visit us in camp for over 12 hours, every 15 minutes. Not fun at all :eek:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah Troy and I were talking about Blanca. I look forward to wheeling it. I take it you've done it? One of these years I'd like to do Penrose too, but we'll need a "Body Bag" for my rig after that one! :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lysmachia said:
Yeah Troy and I were talking about Blanca. I look forward to wheeling it. I take it you've done it? One of these years I'd like to do Penrose too, but we'll need a "Body Bag" for my rig after that one! :D
I've walked most of Blanca and ridden in a Jeep up to the top.

Penrose is a blast!
http://www.rockfrogs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=338&start=0

My brother in the green Jeep was stuck in A-hole for an hour and a half! He ripped the shackle hanger clean off of the frame on the section before A-Hole.

You will be body damage, you better have spare parts and or a truck and trailer, and you better be ready for a long day. It took us 5 hours for a 1 mile trail :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't wait to run it with my 4Runner :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
85xtracab said:
hey Volcom. i just wandered over to this forum as well. haha
You're everywhere, you must not have enough homework to keep you busy enough :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DriftinCO said:
Greetings! Several folks inthe CSprings area to meet when you get up this way.
Sounds good. Eagle rock run sometime in the Spring?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Volcom said:
I've walked most of Blanca and ridden in a Jeep up to the top.

Penrose is a blast!
http://www.rockfrogs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=338&start=0

My brother in the green Jeep was stuck in A-hole for an hour and a half! He ripped the shackle hanger clean off of the frame on the section before A-Hole.

You will be body damage, you better have spare parts and or a truck and trailer, and you better be ready for a long day. It took us 5 hours for a 1 mile trail :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't wait to run it with my 4Runner :D
Oh I am aware of Penrose's infamy.... and if ya didn't know what my truck looks like... well body damage is the least of my concerns (Guys dig body damage right?) And yes I am likely one of the more well stocked spare parts and tool trucks in Colorado. That said.... I'm no-where ready to run Penrose... but some day :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Longfields and Marlin dual case adapter and 4.7 gears showed up this week :D

I'm still waiting for 5.29's and some aussie lockers to show up. I've got 5 weekends to get it ready for Moab :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's going to be a fun t-case dual ultimate crawler weekend :saw: :saw: :saw: :saw: :saw: :saw:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts