TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i just wanna say wasup to everyone in TTORA. I've been a long time reader and I have learned a ton just from looking around the forum. Im from Downey, CA but live out in Irvine 'cause I come to school here. Work at good ole' Costco. Love my '03 Slvr Dbl Cab 4x4 Taco (Cindy). Looking forward to fixing her up a bit . . ."Mid" Travel style. C u guys l8er.

-Andres

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy and Welcome. Great to see your rig your sig area. Looks like your pretty stock like me?
ya its just about 99.99% stock those small things i put do give it a little pep though, i've read a lot of argument from both sides. but people who have driven my truck before then and now ask me if i added something without me telling them before hand. so i dunno

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
your correct about there being discrepancies on the intake and throttle body. Most everyone on the site says forget them both and do the deckplate mod for about $18 and you have the same effect

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
how is your gas mileage now that you have those 2mods?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how is your gas mileage now that you have those 2mods?

when i first started driving this bad gurl, i would tear the streets up driving like a maniac. i was known as the rally car driver amoungest my friends. but now with more experience and the big hole it puts in my wallet every week, i've cut down my craziness to a bare minimum. so. . .gas mileage i have noticed a small increase. my buddy has an '05 taco and was telling me that he was inpressed with the milleage i was getting on our Ocotillo trip when we got just about the same mileage. i don't wanna say im getting the same as the new gen. tacos, but i would say about a 2 mile increase per gallon compared to my old mileage. in all honesty, i got those 2 mods before i joined and read on TTORA, i don't think i would have spent that money on those mods now, and just go with the deckplate mod. but what is done is done and im happy with it, my taco has a bit of kick to it now for sure. and i like the turbo like whistle i have now :D sorry for the long reply, but i just wanted to give u some background and not some punk who lies to prove somone wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts