TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2002 D-Cab Taco, SR5 TRD PreRunner Auto 4x2.

Low Miles, Highly Maintained, All Records, bought off an older guy, I'm the second owner.

Ive been reading the forums the past few days, trying to figure out all this E-Locker SAS stuff.

Anything you all can recommend, I would be greatly appreciative. Anything I should look for, change, update with regular maintenence?

Before I buy a stinger bumper and sliders and burn some more money, do you think this is a good 5" Rear Kit? All Pro 5" Rear Lift with Bilstein 5125 and stainless extended brakelines. Is this a waste of money, or a decent starter lift kit?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
its a decent lift kit... as is marlins which is pretty much the same.....

SAS? that is for a 4wd truck... are you swapping over and converting to a 4x4? or?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I am just trying to figure out all of the terms.

What does SAS stand for?

This might sound dumb, so go easy on me. E-Locker, I have a button on the dash that locks the rear diff, so I assumed this was a TRD option that came on the truck, and the E-locker mod was for non-TRD taco's looking to upgrade to a rear locking differential.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
straight axle swap. with 2wd i think a stinger is overkill. and are you planning on just lifting the rear..or? the elocker is trd yes. the mod is for 4wd guys so we can engage the locker in 2wd or 4wd hi

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
gotcha.

i'm going for the looks, i dont wheel, but the occasional weekend adventure.

you all will probably think this is overkill, but i would like get:

- stinger bumper w/winch
- CBI sliders
- this rear/wrap-around http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/TacoCrazy/?action=view&current=143074089KXNkfJ_ph.jpg
- some decent bogger tires
- rear tire rack in the bed, fullsize bogger spare
- clear corners
- billet grille

i am heading to bed, catch you all in the morning. so far i love this forum, i am learning a lot!

i was lucky to find this taco in pristine condition, the guy even told me if it was a 4WD, he would not be selling. He was looking to trade it up for a newer '07 4WD Taco or Tundra. Luckily he tested the waters for private sale, and i found it at the perfect time.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
gotcha.

i'm going for the looks, i dont wheel, but the occasional weekend adventure.

you all will probably think this is overkill, but i would like get:

- stinger bumper w/winch
- CBI sliders
- this rear/wrap-around http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/TacoCrazy/?action=view&current=143074089KXNkfJ_ph.jpg
- some decent bogger tires
- rear tire rack in the bed, fullsize bogger spare
- clear corners
- billet grille

i am heading to bed, catch you all in the morning. so far i love this forum, i am learning a lot!

i was lucky to find this taco in pristine condition, the guy even told me if it was a 4WD, he would not be selling. He was looking to trade it up for a newer '07 4WD Taco or Tundra. Luckily he tested the waters for private sale, and i found it at the perfect time.
if its all for looks youll be wasting your money. that wrap around bumper is custom made. have you checked out customtacos.com? they have alot of guys there who are into getting stuff for looks. im sure they could help you out alot

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 on the custom tacos site. Lotta help for you there, lotta pain for you in here:rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
X3 on looking at custom tacos,
This place is for people to learn and get info on armor, lifts, etc. to use on the trails. Mall cruisers aren't exactly given handouts around here. Not saying to not read the stuff on this forum, because if you want to know something, its on here, I would just keep the comments like

"i'm going for the looks, i dont wheel, but the occasional weekend adventure"

to yourself. Things like that will get you roasted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts