TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a new TRD Special Edition FJ. ;)

I'm looking to level it since the front sits low. I'm looking at a 3/4" top spacer for the coilover from ToyTec until I wear out the stock BFG A/Ts. Just want to make sure there are no issues I'm overlooking.

Once the stock 32" BFGs are worn out I was gonna throw a set of 2" spacers on the front and 2" OME Medium duty coils out back and run 285 / 75/ 16s on the TRD rims.
Any issue with this? I've heard some of the Taco guys having issues with 285s rubbing on the upper a-arm.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
get the in coil spacers, top out spacers suck

·
Registered
306 Posts
I say to level out you should be fine with the little spacers.

If you want a 2" lift, go three and actually replace your front strut assembly with a toytec lift if you wanna go cheap. too much spacer and you will ruin your shit.

no problem running 285's that is what I am running with a 3" lift and no rubbing anywhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hate to break it to you...but those BFG will probably last 50K miles. I suspect you will want to do some more suspension work before then.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Blaise, they will work fine. That is what they are for. The 3/4" are for leveling. I have them on mine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hmmm

Just my thought....You just bought a brand new TRD FJ and your gonna go the cheapo route now with your suspension..why? I avoided the extra price of the TRD and used the amount I saved to put towards quality products such as suspension, tires and armor, lights and a winch. I would rather have a kick ass suspension set up than a black roof and some badges.....alloys and stock bilsteins...Think BIG its actually better in the long run. Save for some donahoe coil overs and start there, as you keep saving you can do the rear next then go from there.... Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
153 Posts
wait...

I now see you have a new 07 tacoma too.... :rolleyes: Dude why are you dicking around with coil spacers....stop trying to deny your big baller status ;)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Go with OME coils font and rear. You won't be dissapointed, far superior to the space lifts and not a whole lot more in cost provided you don't get the OME struts to complement, the TRD struts should be fine for your usage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts