TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will i need longer shocks than stock for .75"-1" of lift to rear of my truck? i don't need my truck to do any extreme flexing, i play in muddy fields, old dirt roads, and every once in a while im on the beach.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Get them, it is well worth the money to get the shocks. Your truck will ride like shit and if you ever get in a situation where rear needs to flex it wont or at least not very well. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Yeah you won't have any uptravel and you will definitely feel it. I rode around on stock shocks with the Deaver AAL year or so back and it topped out over speed bumps...definitely worth it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
the better question is why are you only lifting 1" ... it's not even really worth the money and effort.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the better question is why are you only lifting 1" ... it's not even really worth the money and effort.
im runnin 31's now at stock. the rear sits higher than the front by about .25", i am putting on 15x8 rims and lift/level kit for the front (1" to 1.25" lift expected). and i have a set of 1" lift shackles in the barn i picked up earlier and wanted to install them to sit about level.

·
Registered
587 Posts
im runnin 31's now at stock. the rear sits higher than the front by about .25", i am putting on 15x8 rims and lift/level kit for the front (1" to 1.25" lift expected). and i have a set of 1" lift shackles in the barn i picked up earlier and wanted to install them to sit about level.
you will sit level with just the front lift

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the rear sits higher than the front by about .25" .... lift/level kit for the front (1" to 1.25" lift expected)
your math has me confused, right now rear is .25" higher than front (almost level) if i lift front 1" that would be .75" taller than back.... how is that level??:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts