TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls,

So like I said in another thread I'm trying to get my wife to want an FJ. Our realtor had one and we've been riding with her for about 4 mos while we looked at houses. We finally found one and I began to really like the FJ's. Always wanted an old one, but...

So, my wife wasn't too keen on it but now she says she might go for it if I promise to buy her a Corvette later. :rolleyes: So, I like this one below. Been talking to the guy via emails. My buddy lives about 2 hours away and is busy right now. So I wanted to know 2 things...

1) What are your thoughts about this one as far as setup, price, etc...?
2) Would anyone who lives in the area be willing to go look at it first hand for me?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=250994272

The guys says he's an older guy and hasn't 4wheeled it at all. Says the brick color is pretty rare (doesn't really matter I like the color or Black). Says the tires are all fairly new with < 6K on them. Says its set up really nice and professionally done up. The pics look nice but would really prefer someone from this site who knows FJ's or Toyota's to actually first hand look and drive it.

You can PM me or email me anytime if needed.

As always... Thanks!

Boz

·
Registered
56 Posts
Heh, I've seen that thing around. According to his ad the dude is about 30mi north of me. That's pretty similar to mine, and I didn't have any takers selling it at 21k recently. IMO his price is 3-4k high.

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, I've seen that thing around. According to his ad the dude is about 30mi north of me. That's pretty similar to mine, and I didn't have any takers selling it at 21k recently. IMO his price is 3-4k high.
Thanks for the insight. If your's is similar and you are still wanting to sell, feel free to send me the details on it so my wife and I can look into it. Thx.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the insight. If your's is similar and you are still wanting to sell, feel free to send me the details on it so my wife and I can look into it. Thx.
Well, haha. I'd still like to have a truck again, but I think somebody put a curse on this thing. In the last month it's had the windshield cracked, sideswiped by a school bus, and now, the new windshield is leaking like a mofo. I wouldn't feel right selling it to anybody at this point.

·
Registered
148 Posts
although the mileage is low, the price is high, i was in the market about 6 months for an FJ and have seen lower. Mine was 19k MSRP. I also sell toyotas at sandy springs toyota in GA and know that the price can be dropped. If you go look at the FJ, make sure you check the undercarrage for mud and any damage from off roading so you know what it has been through. I think you should be able to talk the price down to 20-21k especially if your paying cash. Also, just because the FJ has several upgrades such as the lift kit, does not mean the value of the vehicle raises as the seller makes it seem. Relevant or not, in the owners comment he also mentions full time 4WD, which i think he meant to mention full time AWD which can still be put into 4WD as needed. You need to work a deal with this guy and know facts you can throw at him to lower the price. RESEARCH! good luck

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, Thanks for the post guys/girls.

Most of you probably know what happened with the last time I tried to buy a Landcruiser... Learned my lesson. So I'm trying to arrange for some friends to fly up and meet the guy/look at the FJC and if able to get the $$ where I want it, drive it back to TX for me.

Thanks also for informing me that some of the options listed are NOT rare. Like I said, newb to the FJC's and trying to learn. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice looking Black Cherry, the price is a couple grand high, but I'm sure that could be negotiated.

On a side note, that guy's garage is stocked! One TRD FJ, and a new Viper. Sweet. I bet he'll deal with you.

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, He seems really nice. Has sent me a ton of info on it. Scanned in tons of the FSM stuff that I had questions about.

Now I'm just searching for someone that is close enough that I can get to go over and test drive it out and give me another opinion on it. The guy says he's like 50yrs. old and never offroaded it.

I might have to end up flying a friend out there to look at it if I can't get someone local. I keep searching around here close for an FJ like this but to no avail...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd like to correct myself: There is the all time 4 wheel drive which only comes in manual, and there is also the part time 4 wheel drive. now im the idiot. o well

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd like to correct myself: There is the all time 4 wheel drive which only comes in manual, and there is also the part time 4 wheel drive. now im the idiot. o well

Your explanation didn't seem to make sense to me, so to clarify in case anyone else thought the same thing, all manuals are full-time 4wd, aka awd, and all automatics are either 2wd or part-time 4wd.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your explanation didn't seem to make sense to me, so to clarify in case anyone else thought the same thing, all manuals are full-time 4wd, aka awd, and all automatics are either 2wd or part-time 4wd.
exactly

·
Registered
8 Posts
"but now she says she might go for it if I promise to buy her a Corvette later."

Dude, you are already screwed. You might as well buy her the Corvette now. Once they have their minds set you cannot change it. I have tried many times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts