TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Veteran Newbie
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to ttora and was hoping for your opinions.

What do you think are the best aftermarket products out there for a 2001 Tacoma PreRunner? any of your thoughts would be great.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
IMO, the best aftermarket products for a Tacoma Prerunner would be a good long travel setup from Camburg or Total Chaos, front and rear prerunner bumpers, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, and bigger tires. But all that is going to cost about the same, if not more than, a D60 solid axle swap. A more affordable option, although still pricey, would be to get Donahoe or King coilovers up front, Deaver leaf packs in the rear with 5100 series Bilsteins, front and rear prerunner bumpers, and 32" MT's or AT's.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Maddog096 said:

What do you think are the best aftermarket products out there for a 2001 Tacoma PreRunner? any of your thoughts would be great.

Matt
Supercharger and fuel mods, if you got a v6, that will be fun for you on the street....

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Maddog096 said:

Matt

what do you want to do with your truck?

answer that question, then we can start suggesting good things that will get you there

·
Veteran Newbie
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
drabnor said:
what do you want to do with your truck?

answer that question, then we can start suggesting good things that will get you there
It must maintain its drivability as my daily driver and I would like to do a fair amount of off roading about everyother weekend or so. Nothing hardcore....yet. I do a lot of camping and rock climbing so I want it to be able to handle what i may come across on my way up the mountain.

Thanks
Matt

As of right now my truck is a 2001 Tacoma PreRunner V6 SR5 2WD, it has the decals for TRD but it does not have a locker so I think that the owner before me had but them on. I have an auto dimming rear view w/ temp and compass and i also have an ARB Bull Bar and a trailer hitch. I will be getting Catch-All Xtreme Floor mats, Truck Hyde tonneau cover, and a pair of either PIAA 520, IPF 900xs, or Warn SBD 160.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
ok, for what it sounds like you want to do with your truck. i would say, your first mod should be swapping in 4wd. that will be the best thing you could do for increasing the off-road capability of your rig.

after that, i would go with a lift and sliders.
go with some type of coilover(donahoe, king, or sway away) for your front lift and a new leafpack and new shocks for the rear.

you can get a good deal from http://www.demello-offroad.com/catalog/

with just those upgrades, you will be amazed at what your truck will do and how well it will handle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts