TTORA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for all the input you guys.

I'm thinking bolt-on is the way to go from the standpoint of keeping the mods to a minimum :welder: ...using existing mounts or hole as much as possible, plus the removal aspect.

TOYMINATOR...those are some cool sliders. :cool: I'd say you won as well. Can you actually use them to push off rocks and such?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks for all the input you guys.

I'm thinking bolt-on is the way to go from the standpoint of keeping the mods to a minimum :welder: ...using existing mounts or hole as much as possible, plus the removal aspect.

TOYMINATOR...those are some cool sliders. :cool: I'd say you won as well. Can you actually use them to push off rocks and such?
I highly recommend Bay Area Metal Fabrication for bolt ons. Quality is good and shipping will be a minimum. Jerry has a website, and is very active on the Tacoma World forum.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay-area-metal-fabrication/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome...I still don't have any clue where to take my rig offroading. I'm also in Chico in the green 1st gen Tacoma reg cab with the fucked up hood haha. I'd definitely be down to hit some trails or something if you know where to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Welcome...I still don't have any clue where to take my rig offroading. I'm also in Chico in the green 1st gen Tacoma reg cab with the fucked up hood haha. I'd definitely be down to hit some trails or something if you know where to go.
I'd definitely be down for some trips. The high Lakes area above Paradise / Magalia has lots of trails and is near by. I've got a GPS with all the topos / roads up there, so we won't get lost. I've just scratched the surface so far. What are good days for you? :xbeer1:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd definitely be down for some trips. The high Lakes area above Paradise / Magalia has lots of trails and is near by. I've got a GPS with all the topos / roads up there, so we won't get lost. I've just scratched the surface so far. What are good days for you? :xbeer1:
I don't work Tuesdays and Thursdays. I could swing weekends too if I convince my lady to come watch me attempt to not get stuck haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don't work Tuesdays and Thursdays. I could swing weekends too if I convince my lady to come watch me attempt to not get stuck haha
I here that, they get nervous when you say I'm going 4x'n.:scared:

My days are very open and flexible until about April 1st. This Thurs is good or next Tue maybe...see how muddy the roads are...private me and I'll give you my number.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was just up there Saturday/Sunday. The snow is absolute shit. It poured rain all weekend. We plowed and cleared trail up to Lott's T. Now the rain made it a muddy mess.

This is how shitty the snow was

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks like you had fun anyway. Thanks for the pics. Quite a bit of snow, to bad the rain levels rose so high. Will post some pics of our adventure on Thurs. And my new front lift with some Bilstein 5100 adj. ride heights installed tmrw. :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts

Little bit of posing today haha. And I found out that my oem Aisin lockers may not work 100% =/ Matt's rig made it up a hill super easy while mine took a bit of gassing it and stuff...front tires weren't helping as much as they should have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We went to sawmill peak lookout tower. Posted some pics under past events / photos section. That spot is part way up to the tower...great for seeing what you can do.

I'm very impressed with my truck; although I can't really do much comparisons cause this is my first 4x, it just seems to crawl very well. Probably the "Trac / A-Trac" system plus the diff lock. Love my new front lift too. :xrocker:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts