Da Big island I neva have one 4x4 before and i am amp'd up
4x freak........I run a

2004 dbl ,4x4 3.4L stocke evrything...I would like very much to
bring me 3-4 inch lift ....dass is all now folks much mahalos fo
yo undifine attention...and Aloooohas

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ALOHA! From the great state of Washington.

Brudda, go easy on da pidgin. You gettin' me all excited! I'm ready for some "Broke-da-mout" kau-kau!

Aloha!

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Howzit..........TaKona hea newbie to dis ting.I stay in KOna
4x freak........I run a

Can someone please translate this message?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Howdy and Welcome. Right off the bat he want's to got :flamethro .

·
Registered
532 Posts
4x freak........I run a

what does this say? is this an april fools joke?:confused:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Looks like you mainland folks are getting a lesson in pidgin talk. I was fortunate enough to grow in up Hawaii. Allow me to translate:

4x freak........
How are you doing? My name is TaKona and I am new to your community. I live in Kona, Hawaii (on the Big Island). I have never owned a 4x4 but I'm excited about it.

I have a 2004 dbl cab, 4x4, 3.4L that is completely stock. I am very interested in installing a 3-4 inch lift. Well, I think I've done enough talking. Thank you and have a great day!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Looks like you mainland folks are getting a lesson in pidgin talk. I was fortunate enough to grow in up Hawaii. Allow me to translate:

How are you doing? My name is TaKona and I am new to your community. I live in Kona, Hawaii (on the Big Island). I have never owned a 4x4 but I'm excited about it.

I have a 2004 dbl cab, 4x4, 3.4L that is completely stock. I am very interested in installing a 3-4 inch lift. Well, I think I've done enough talking. Thank you and have a great day!
very nicely done.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

Tx's a million. You the MAN!
Once again Welcome Takona

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Newbie from big island

I thank you all the welcoming comittee....I juss wana apoligize for the
lingo there .Interex has done an excellent job translatin my ma broke ass english there.(mahalos brah) To Paul thank you very much for the MF welcome, Ainokea wat you think but I no bradah Ainokea get da Alohas,,and to the rest of you much mahalos..and that means thank you very much.
I dont have a picture yet guys but i will post it up as soon as I can....
here's what am thinking of goin with a four inch lift......

DR coilovers
rock sliders
2 " toy tec
deaver leafs

Aloohas Takona ..

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've been on Oahu a year, and full-on pidgin still confuses the heck outa' me.

People need to say "dude," "hella," and "right on" more often. THEN I'd understand! :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've been on Oahu a year, and full-on pidgin still confuses the heck outa' me.

People need to say "dude," "hella," and "right on" more often. THEN I'd understand! :D
dude (brah) the reason pidgin still confuses you is that you're on o'ahu. you might as well be in california.

come to the big island, or better yet, those kauai guys and gals got the pidgin down on lock. :D i get hard time understand da guys on kauai, and i was born and raised.

at least your kinda in the right place on o'ahu. aiea has all the good places to eat... chun wah kam, aiea manapua, tadashi, wendys (YES!)... i spent most of my time on o'ahu working in that area.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah, I second that. We flew up to Barking Sands for a static display a few months back, and a lot of the local kine fire guys were there. I could barely understand anythings. I just did a lot of nodding and smiling. :) :confused:

Out of all those places you listed, the only one I think I've hit so far is Wendy's. Yeah, yeah... I need to try new stuff. :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pidgin sounds like a thai hooker getting choke fucked with a cattle prod while burning. You know what she's trying to say, but you don't give a fuck so it just sounds annoying.

·
Registered
444 Posts
huh? brah, i no can undah-stand. try say'um again? bettah yet, no say'um, and jus keep dat kine stuff to yourself. nuff sh!t in dis world, no bring'um on to dis board.

it's not cool to insult and degrade one's culture and dialect. you don't like it? cool. just don't spread the hate.

please read sig below. mahalo in advance.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
huh? brah, i no can undah-stand. try say'um again? bettah yet, no say'um, and jus keep dat kine stuff to yourself. nuff sh!t in dis world, no bring'um on to dis board.

it's not cool to insult and degrade one's culture and dialect. you don't like it? cool. just don't spread the hate.

please read sig below. mahalo in advance.
X's 10
007 :xmoon: :flipoff1: :flipoff2: :flipoff3: :wiggle:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts