TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to the site and moved to Colorado back in Febuary. We Have a stock 94 4runner, our newest project. We plan on building a expedition style rig. Will be a daily driver. Looking to find a good group to run a few trails with. Will post pics soon. If anyone is near to my area looking for some shop space to rent. Email me if you have any info.

Lock it & Rock it
:driving:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Lets see, there are some good members in your area. Member name "Jade" comes to mind. (EagleVail) He might be able to help you, as he is going expedition style with his Long Travel Rig....

Also "RobertTheBruce" lives in castleton, and than "March1234" (or some such numbers) lives near aspen.

This crew is a great crew to wheel with.

For expedition style guru's talk to Sean "devinsixtyseven" or Eric "FJCruzer" They are both set up for expeditioning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Molly for all the great info! Look forward to wheel'n with you all!

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Welcome!

Personally, I wouldn't choose a 2nd gen 4Runner for an expedition rig, but then I guess it kinda depends on what you mean by "expedition rig" ... since these days it can mean anything from "DD/Weekend warrior" to "Unsupported in the middle of nowhere for months at a time".

Which motor/tranny?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have equipment, tools and metal tables for a shop. Just need a place to wrench. If you guys & Gals know people in the area, please forward. Is there going to be another (House Of Wrench) at Molly's place soon? Need to get a tune up, brakes, oil sending unit done soon. Any moderate runs coming up?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Our place (me and redrunertc) is quite the hike for a tune up.... But, if you want to arrange it you can. (No need to shlep tools down here - we have what you need)

In fact we should PLAN for anouther HOW. The only problem is we like to plan it 2 weeks in advance, but in the winter it is tricky because if the weather is shitty... well you get the idea.

What about a week from this saturday?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would be great to get to meet a few of ya and turn a few wrenchs in the process! I have a german shorthair that goes everywhere with me, would it be okay if she comes?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Dogs are welcome and we can make up the spare bedroom so you can stay sat night. Let me check with troy first, and if all is good we'll set it up (Troy has to go on a business trip the following monday so I want to make sure he's cool with doing a HOW then)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Molly found a local shop to be able to do the wrenching. Thanks for the offer, wheelers are awesome people. If your still planning to do a wrench-o-thon, would love to come help out and bring some food.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
My business trip is after THIS weekend - Nov 16-18
Yeah I got your email. We are a no go for a HOW that I proposed. Troy needs one day off (that sat 15) to recoup before his trip.

Glad you found a shop 94RokRunner!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts