Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all...

im a soul residing in california....

I recently bought a pre-owned
2002 Tacoma
Double Cab (SR5)
4x4 V6
it came with a bed extender, Line-X sprayed on liner, and ABS

its light tan, I really wanted black (I fell in love with the black toyota 4x4 from the back to the future movie in 1985...i knew thats the truck i wanted when I "grew up") Its in great condition, low miles Looking forward to getting it dirty.

I got my truck to support my actvities:
(snowboarding, camping, surf/scuba, drum set, and hockey) always gotta lot of gear to haul around. I haven't been "wheeling" yet outside of ATVs....but im looking forward to getting into it.

Some questions for the veterans.

- I was thinking of getting a 3in lift kit. any recommendations?
- Are wheel spacers a good idea? (to pop out the wheels a bit for a beefier look)
- Nerf Bar recommendations
- Does my rear differential lock? if not..are there aftermarket parts to get it to do so?
- I was looking into getting a roll up bed cover. any recommendations?

thanks! and hello.

-A

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
kalisoul said:
(I fell in love with the black toyota 4x4 from the back to the future movie in 1985...i knew thats the truck i wanted when I "grew up")
You'd be surprised just how many of us there are.

kalisoul said:
- I was thinking of getting a 3in lift kit. any recommendations?
That's a loaded question, read through the suspension section thoroughly, and then fine tune your questions based on that info.

kalisoul said:
- Nerf Bar recommendations
Look into "sliders" instead if you think the offroad bug might bite you, they mount sturdily to the frame, and provide protection rather than creating more damage like some of the nerf bars do that mount to the body.

Here are a couple of places that sell them:
Demello Offroad
Bent Up

kalisoul said:
- Does my rear differential lock? if not..are there aftermarket parts to get it to do so?
If you've got a Toyota locking diff, there will be a switch to the left of your steering wheel. There are a lot of options; swapping in a Toyota axle with a locking diff (you choose when it locks), ARB lockers (you choose...), Lock-Rites (automatic), Powertrax No-Slips (automatic).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

I'll keep reading these forums Im gonna try out offroading on some easy trails out in borrego springs...try to get to some camping spots that are only 4x4 accessible.

Peace,
Alex

·
Registered
41 Posts
My best guess if you have a locker... if you do... it would say "RR DIFF"... it also depends if you are TRD of not... just look for the button on your dash.. hard to miss... im am with out one because i have a 4cyl... thats my next project after my lift... have fun... you bought a keeper...
brian

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
You can get a TRD locker without getting the TRD package. It's not something that happens frequently, but you can get it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts