TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone! I just finished paying off my 2002 Tacoma, and can now afford to start "doing stuff" to it. :D

First off, I'm thinking about putting either a Westin (or similar) grill guard in, OR a heavy-duty bull guard (i.e. ARB). I've read a lot of the info on how the grill guards can cause damage to your front end in a collision. I saw an SUV that hit a pedestrian with one of those. It didn't do too great holding up against a person, so I can only imagine what a deer, tree, or rock would do to your front end. On the other hand, I live in Hawaii, so there isn't a whole ton of serious off-roading I can do until I move back to the mainland in 3 years. So, should I shell out the bucks and get the "full deal" for strength and possible future use, or go slightly less expensive with the grill guard for looks?

Here's the limited amount of what I've done already:
Kenwood TK-730 VHF radio
Kenwood TK-830 UHF radio
Kenwood KVC-5 charger (for portable radio)
Radio Shack Multi-band Scanner (in dash)
Motorola IHF-1000 Bluetooth cell phone kit (behind dash)
Whelen 90W strobes (in corner lights)
Wet Okole seat covers (will be installed this week!)
Rhino Liner front floor mats

I used to work as an EMT and a volunteer firefighter back on the mainland, hence the weird radios and such in my truck. Hopefully, I'll be working on adding some more "usual" stuff to make it cooler!

I look forward to this forum!

Oh, and did you know that "okole" is Hawaiian for "butt?" Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome

Since your from Hawaii stay away from this and you will be a-ok around here... :kewl:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
hey
build for strength and then get a set of nice wheels/tires to fit in over there (not 50" wide 22's w spinners). before you move back and wheel sell the rims/tires and get a real set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts