TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get an 05 Taco TRD Off-Road. Should I be concerned about the E-Locker? It has about 8,000 miles on odometer and 17 months of warranty left.
From what I read on the this site, if it fails, it usually happens within the warranty period.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got 22K on my 05 and have not had a problem yet. I used my E-locker pretty hard this winter and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Hope you get it....I just turned 20K on my '05 and haven't had any problems with the locker yet...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Over 18K and no locker probs so far. I also did the relay locker mod...works great in any t-case gear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, you should be fine. I drive my truck freakin hard, and at 26k miles the only things that have broken were my fault:

- Front mudflaps from playing in too much deep snow/ice.
- Tailgate from a boat trailer poppping off the hitch on shitty back roads.
- Radio buttons stuck from offroading with an open gatorade in my hand.

If I ever sell this truck I'd feel bad for the next owner if not for the fact that I'm pretty sure it's bullet proof.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I got 30,000 on my '05 TRD Off Road 6 spd. and used the locker a lot in Baja this winter - no problems. The only thing was a squeeky clutch pedal that the dealer replaced and I also jammed up my radio knobs by spilling an open can of Tecate on it going down a steep, rocky trail in Baja. haha

·
Registered
704 Posts
Buy it!

ocdropzone said:
Hope you get it....I just turned 20K on my '05 and haven't had any problems with the locker yet...
Dang Robb! I just turned 25,000 on my 06! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a problem at about 26K with the rear end. Got it replaced under warranty. No probs after that though. The tacoma can survive the Loch Ness and a meterorite. We are good to go.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you guys. Looked at it last night. Looked very sharp. Man, talking about a Yota fan! That guy had a brand-new Tundra AND "my" Tacoma. Signing papers this weekend, if all goes well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Let us know how it goes for you! I've had an '07 since late September, no problems so far! I really really love this truck. Its true, once you own a Toyota, you rarely want anything but another one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did not get it. Got sold from under my nose. We were suppose to sign papers this morning, and someone else paid him cash last night.

I am not happy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts