TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i broke my flux capacitor..... do i just duct tape it back on or should i splice in my trailer light wires to counteract the voltage drop?

There....its been started, so keep all the newbie q's and nonessential tech here

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
This thread will soon be turned into it's own folder. Once that happens any off topic post will be deleted.

Also the same rules that apply to the national board regarding newbie tech questions apply here. IN other words NO FLAMING OF THE NEWBIES IN THIS SECTION

In addition, any post wondering off topic will be deleted.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
damn! that has been around for a long time!:D

I almost moved it to the general discussion thread, but I think I see where you are going with it, so it remains!ha ha ha.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do i take off my mudflaps?

im seeing and hearing alot of this lately. and short answer i would say yes. Long answer i would say just be aware of the DOT rules and regulations. So far, the Indiana cops arent that bad, but some of our Californian bretheren are getting slammed by cops for not having mudflaps at a certain height. Usually all mud flaps do is get torn off then in the process they take whatever they are attached to with it. In the end its personal preference, just thought i would take a minute to offer my advice.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
i am taking the rest of mine off as soon as i get to it
One or two more trips with us and they will "self clearence" themselves:lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why does my truck lean to the dri side?:confused:
currently mine does the same thing. Its probably for one of two reasons 1) your adjustable coilover on your drivers side is abit lower than your pass. side one OOORRRR 2) youve got leaf spring sag on the driver side.

To fix mine im grabbing the spanner wrench sometime this week and giving a few cranks on the coilover....that should fix the prob. Also check tire pressures as it could be alittle of everything combining to cause a noticable lean. (aka 'gangsta lean')

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
yea mine has leaned for like forever! but then again I have the "wife mod"

You heard of that one haven't you? it is where you get married and you start eating good again!:D

actually my springs are weak and need to be swapped out to bring the truck level again

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
HREW = hot rolled electric welded

Dom = drawn over mandrel

Basically dom will not have a seam and hrew will

·
Registered
683 Posts
Newbie exhaust question

Ok, A couple of months ago my trucks previous owner replaced the cat and exhaust mainfold (I'm assuming it was cracked). I've read a little about the manifold heat shield possibly causing them to crack. So my question is should I leave the shield on or take it off?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well........if it makes them crack.......then i guess my vote dont count. maybe someone else will jump in with some good info.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah that coulda been just one dummy's opinion about it making them crack.
Just thought I'd throw it out there though, Thanks for your help b.t.w.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts