TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read through countless posts on steel wheels and countless posts on lug nuts, my question is this..
Can you use the stock OEM lug nuts that came on a Tacoma with alloy wheels on aftermarket steel wheels?
I know that there are basically two types of lug nuts, acorn and shoulder, are one of these types used specifically for alloy, one for steel? Which should be used where?

I posted in the newbie section to avoid the flaming I would surely get in the tire/wheel section..If its in the wrong place can a mod please move it for me?
Thanks....

·
Premium Member
20,355 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ike said:
i dont know the correct answer to your question. I do know that the steel style cannot be used on alloy wheels. the steel style are cheaply obtained at autoparts stores. I would just go and but some lugnuts for the steel wheels. Just my :2cents: though
Thanks for replying..The reason I ask this is, because today I had my tires rotated and balanced they were starting to shake as mud tires will do, the guy rotating my tires said that I had the wrong lug nuts for these wheels, that is why they won't stay balanced..At first I thought yeah right.. :bs:
Then I came home started looking around and started noticing that there were different lug nuts, and even on Wheelers website they have the lug nuts available for they're wheels :confused:
I think I'll spend the $30.00 now just for the peace of mind, even though I've been running these wheels almost a year now with the stock OEM lug nuts :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts