TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock painted steel wheels on my 4x4 now: 1998 Tacoma 4cylinder.
I am picking up a set of 30x9.5-15s next week for a sweet deal. Can these fit on my stock wheels?

Will they fit under my suspension OK w/o rubbing? I wil be lifting her up in a few weeks.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
If you have 15" rims, then yes those will fit. If your truck came stock with the P225/75/15 tires, then the 30x9.5x15 is pretty much the closest size to that. No worries about rubbing or anything. You could even go up to 31x10.50x15, but you might rub a little during turning. After the lift, 31" tires will fit no prob.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Thats what I thought. I was just concerned about the width mainly.

ie of the OEM rim and a 9.5" tire fitting on.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Narrrow tires will be good in the snow and water on the highway.

I am going to get all 4 tires for around $300 brand new. They are just cheap quality tires, but the price is right.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yes they will fit. i believe that the width of the tire should not be more than 4 inches wider than the width of the rim. i had 32x11.50s on my stock rim but it rubbed the frame when it was at full lock on one of my tacos and on my other truck, the 99, it rubbed the upper control arm sometimes when i aired down and hit a bump or something.

sorry no pics though

·
Registered
264 Posts
some of those trucks with 225s may have been 15X6 wheels not 15x7. Check to make sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
99FlowedTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing