TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m a total newbie. However, I’ve been lurking around the site for a couple of weeks.

I’ve researched and learned a lot about the Tacoma here, and there seems to be some real Tacoma guru’s on this site. And some real sweet rides too!

Here’s the funny part, I don’t actually own a Tacoma yet! Currently, I’m driving a G.M.C. Sierra but I’m looking to down size and save a little gas. I’ve been researching my options and have narrowed my choices down to either a Tacoma Double Cab, Short bed fully loaded, or the Honda Ridgeline RTL (not really sure I need a 4X4). I have to say that I’m definitely leaning towards the Tacoma as my first choice (just think the Tacoma is a better looking truck). Too me the Honda just seems like it’s more of a car than it is a truck.

I’m not even willing to consider a Nissan, I owned a Frontier Crew Cab before the G.M.C. and the Nissan was the worst vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Anyway, I have a question. I’ve been on the Toyota site and downloaded the eBrochure’s for both the Tacoma 4X2 model’s and the 4X4 model’s. After looking over the spec’s for the 4X4 Double Cab / Short bed it says that the overall length is 201.1 inches or 17’ 3”.

But, If you look at the spec’s for the 4X2 Double Cab / Pre-Runner it say’s the overall length is 221.3 inches or 18’ 4” is this model really over 1.5 feet longer than the 4X4 model?

This has to be a typo, according to there own spec’s in the 4X2 brochure the Double Cab / Pre-Runner is the same length as the Double Cab / Pre-Runner with a Long bed? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Pretty sure they are the same length...Welcome, and buy the Tacoma. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response. Toyota definitely made a mistake in there spec’s for the 4X2 models. I think I have this figured out. If you look at the spec’s for the 4X2 models they ALL have 73.5 inch bed lengths EXCEPT the 4X2 Double Cab / Pre-Runner V6 w/ 5 speed auto (7188). This models spec says the bed length is 60.3
inches or a 5 foot bed. Now if you take the overall length of the 4X2 Double Cab/Long bed 221.3 inches and subtract the 73.5 inch long bed you get 147.8 inches which is the length measured from the rear of the cab forward to the front bumper.
This is the standard length for the Double Cab Tacoma 4X2 or 4X4.

147.8 + 60.3 (reg. or short bed) = 208.1 inches (17’ 3”) same as the Double Cab 4X4.

147.8 + 73.5 (long bed) = 221.3 inches (18’ 4”).

Long story short is: the spec for the 4X2 model Tacoma w/ Double Cab, V6 and 5 speed auto (7190) should read 208.1 inch overall length, NOT the 221.3 inches which is only for the 4X2 Double Cab,
V6, 5 speed auto with the LONG bed only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts