TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to having mt tires on a vehicle so I have a question about my Goodyear MTRs. My front tires are worn pretty uneven as far as my newbie eyes can see. I thought I read something on here about the mtrs having a problem with this but I could be completely wrong. It is only the front ones that are like that. The tires were on the truck when I bought it and I dont remember when the guy said he put them on. All of the tires are at least 50% worn if I had to guess. Here are some pics, maybe one of you guys could say what would be best to do; rotate tires or replace them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldnt say. could be time but I havent felt any bad shimmying and nothing was said when it was dealer inspected before I bought it a few thousand miles ago.....

·
Registered
717 Posts
get an alignment, it looks like you have some alignment wear on the front tires. your close to needing new tires, i would say not to rotate your tires just becuase it is good to have the best tread on the rear axle. but if you feel you must, you can rotate the tires to geat a little more use out of them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also wondering how much a set of four 35" x 12.50" Goodyear MTRs or BFG MTs will cost me....I cant seem to find a pricing online. I figure $1000 +/- a little. I guess it probably differs from place to place (store to store) though maybe?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
One of the Idaho guys I know bought a set of 35s directly from the Goodyear distributor here in Utah and it cost him $1,000 on the nose.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If it were me I'd just go ahead and get an alignment and some new tires and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm thinkin' new tires. An alignment with tires in that bad of shape isn't going to help.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You are certainly going to need an alignment sometime, probably after new tires. Youa re getting uneven wear up front, sitting on the outsides of your tire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you dead-set on MTRs? If so, why? Those tires are extremely expensive and there are lots of tires out there that are cheaper and perform just as well, if not better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts