TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
How do you get rid of the newbie title under your fourm name? Thanks
From what I believe you have to have 25 posts or more to lose that stupid newbie status. Be aware that posting in the off topic folder gains you no new posts points....I dunno why, but thats how it is

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Davis3000 said:
From what I believe you have to have 25 posts or more to lose that stupid newbie status. Be aware that posting in the off topic folder gains you no new posts points....I dunno why, but thats how it is
It's to deter post whores.

Later,
....Mike

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
How do you get rid of the newbie title under your fourm name? Thanks
25 post. Like already stated, post in the off-topic folder do not count.

If the title status is important, then its not too much to ask to fork up meaningful information in relevant threads.

Mods and sponsors can have custom titles, its the least we can ask for putting forth money/time to support the forum.

Hope this helps, if there are any more question feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
It seems to me that the opposite would be true, Mike. If ranking is determined solely by the number of posts, that would seem to stimulate post whoreing rather than deter it. A noob is someone who is new to a particular group. Are you calling me a noob? I've been around longer than you have. I am TTORA member #21 what's your membership number? I think they should look at time and content rather than number of posts or how well one sucks up. But that is just me.
:xmoon:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Dick Foster said:
It seems to me that the opposite would be true, Mike. If ranking is determined solely by the number of posts, that would seem to stimulate post whoreing rather than deter it. A noob is someone who is new to a particular group. Are you calling me a noob? I've been around longer than you have. I am TTORA member #21 what's your membership number? I think they should look at time and content rather than number of posts or how well one sucks up. But that is just me.

:stfu: :newbie:

·
Banned
262 Posts
Dick Foster said:

There's flaws in your way too. I mean, there's dorks that have been members almost since day 1, and then there's cool ,knowledgable guys that just signed up last week.

People worry about titles way too much.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Show me your suspension setup bitch. I'm getting ready to cut my 66.

BTW the dorks don't seem too last long. Well except for some of those SoCal types I guess. LOL

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Dick Foster said:

blah blah blah ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Dick Foster said:

Hi Dick, I agree with you, but many people ramble endlessly about random crap just to up their post count and increase their perceived credability.

Anyone who is around for a week or two will be able to figure out who knows what they are talking about, and who is full of shit, regardless of the post count.

I had 13000 + posts on the Delphi board and I don't know shit. :)

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
You sig says you got a three link front on that FJ and a SPOA rear. I want to see your shit so maybe I can steal some ideas. I have a 66 that is going under the knife soon.

·
Banned
262 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Dick Foster said:

I would think that you would relish the idea of being a newb....when was the last time that you were carded? :)

Like Mike said, people can figure out who knows WTF they are talking about. I have only like 40-50 posts on Pirate, but have only gotten in one flame fest there....with a notoriously ignorant mod.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
14 Participants
Tankota
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing