TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I'm a Nissan convert I guess you could say. I was tired of the lack of support from the dealerships, the REALLY bad mileage (11-12mpg), and the lack of aftermarket support for Nissan. They make a good truck but I just can't take the bad gas mileage anymore.

So, I just bought an 07 Tacoma 4x4. It's not lifted but I think I will keep the suspension stock for now. I plan on adding an ARB bumper for my winch in the next few months to make it offroad worthy when the situation arrises.

I must say, I am impressed with the quality of the ride, power, and the interior of the truck. It definately feels like a better truck vs. my 03 Frontier.

I hope to become a regular here at TTORA and contribute to the forum. I would imagine I will have a ton of questions since I'm new to the Toyota sector but I will do my best to research in previous threads before posting redundant questions.

So what kind of mileage should I expect? I have the 4.0 V6 with the auto tranny btw.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome. Below is the new Arkansas chapter website. We are relatively new, and just trying to get things off the ground. I have some AR TTORA stickers if you are interested. I know Glen is trying to get a regularly scheduled meeting/ride worked out, so stay tuned.

http://www.ar-ttora.com/

Oh yeah, we are trying to get some AR/TX/LA guys together for a trip down to Gilmer, TX at the end of the month. There is a thread with more info in the Chapter Specific folder.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Welcome!

It's always exciting to have another Arkansas member around here.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Glad to have a convert here!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the new ride. The ARB bumper is coming in a few months.

And here is the old one. It will be missed.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
the more armor add = the more weight, which will result in worse mpg...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well my first tank was 19mpg with 90% city driving! That includes a few burnouts, (haha) and some showing off to some friends by displaying the pep this truck has.

I could have squeezed 20mpg if I really wanted to I'm sure.

THIS SURE BEATS 11mpg of the old truck!!! WHOO HOO!!!

By the way guys, I'm selling my bed rails/rack from my old truck shown above in case anyone is interested. See my post in the HOT DEALS forum for details. I sold the roof rack already, sorry. The bumper went with the truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a ton of difference between the old Datsuns and my Frontier. HUGE difference.

The Frontier was a great truck, just terrible gas mileage from the start. I got 13 at best in the city and it went to 11-12 after all the mods. I was ready to get something more practical and 19 will deinately keep me happy.

Here is what I want to do to the new truck.

Project Taco

1 - 10 of 10 Posts