TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Newbie Taco owner here, hope this is the place I've been looking for! Constantly searching forums for DIY tech info for these trucks, no idea why I didn't think to look for this one. Always been around and owned hotrods and 2 or 4 wheeled toys. Most of my off road experience has been with Jeeps (I know, I know, I can here most of you about to shit talk already), but hear me out. I didn't believe in spending every dollar I made and dumping into a mall crawler, never been my style, or into any "Wrangler" style Jeeps. My thought was always "What's the point of spending $30k+ when I can build out a cheap XJ (old square body Cherokee's) for less than $10k and outwheel anyone around too scared to mess up their pretty jeeps. Plus I've always been too broke to be that hardcore on something if I had crazy money in it! Recently made the switch, always been a Yota and Taco fan, now learning the ins and outs of this one! I recently started doing real estate as well as keeping my full time job in refineries, so I drive the shit out of my truck (40k the first year) so for now it'll mostly be a dd. I've done the obvious "mud flap delete mod" lol, remvoved the pointless side steps, and other little shit like that. Just decided to swap out the "Off-Road" suspension for factory Baja tuned suspension that was on the TXBaja Editions, LT265/70/17 BFG K02 6ply (C-rated) & the graphite 17" SEMA PRO wheels that were on what seems to be a limited run on the 4 Runners. Also just purchased the rebranded Northstar group31m battery from BatteriesPlus, as well as a Pelfreybilt battery cage. Plan on doing much more, especially as the years go by and I can afford to turn this more into a toy than my daily driver. Actual experience/knowledge when given advice preferred, pointless opinions from people that never work on their own vehicles can be left in the other forums...looking forward to the help! Pics attached: Current toys-'15 Taco DCSB OR, '07 XL883L, '04 Roadking Custom; Previous toys-'00 XJ 4 Door 2" Lift w/32's (daily driver), '96 XJ 2 Door 5speed 4.5" lift w/33's both axles swapped d44 front/8.8 rear (beast)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts