TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I think it's great that there are new people finally joining the Az chapter and bringing in new blood.........BUT.........is it just me or are the majority of them a bunch of asshats? I may not have understood many of things I do now when I started, but holy crap these guys come across as prime candidates to ride on the short bus. It also seems they have major attitude towards veteran members who they don't even know. I personally feel that the Az group is a tight knit group and it takes some time/trail runs/trips to become part of the group. The new guys seem to come across as if we owe them something or that they have the right to do as they please. I for one am not all that thrilled with a dictatorship type rule, but I do think people need to be kept in check. I think they need to understand that some level of respect and maturity need to be had if they want to be part of the AzTTORA chapter. Is there a way to convey this to them with out being a total asshole, or is the asshole approach the way to go? I feel that if this isn't dealt with soon, it's only going to become more problematic like the main board has. What do you guys think?

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.............some of these guy's have just bursted in here, guns-a-blazin' like they own the place! I was tring to be level headed and non asshole-ish to a couple of them and trying to edjumacate them a little and all I got was a bunch of flack.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm. It may be time to dump some fuel on a flame fest and toss in a match.
going to get gas cans and fire suit ready in case incineration is needed.
:)

·
Web Wheeler
1,860 Posts
I know it's frustrating, but it looks like we're dealing with kids who actually need to learn what you've been trying to convey. If they leave this board and don't learn trail etiquette it'll still reflect badly on our sport, even through not on our club. With that said.....some kids still need to be slapped once in a while :)

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
I know it's frustrating, but it looks like we're dealing with kids who actually need to learn what you've been trying to convey. If they leave this board and don't learn trail etiquette it'll still reflect badly on our sport, even through not on our club. With that said.....some kids still need to be slapped once in a while :)
The voice of reason has spoken!!! (Puts down matches and gas cans) :eek:

·
Web Wheeler
1,860 Posts
I've been off-roading for over 25 years, and most of what I've learned about trail etiquette has been from being associated with TTORA the last 6 years. Over that time I've had to moderate my attitude of "fuck you, it's a free country I'll do what I want out on the trail". It didn't take a few slaps for me to realize I needed to change :) But these guys may be different:xsmash:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
While I agree that new members need to pay their dues. From reading alot of messages on the main board.... Newbs seem to be attacked by the Vetran membes of TTORA just for asking simple questions. I think its a two way street.... we ask them to be polite, use the search button, ect. But as soon as they ask a question that has already been answered we have 20 people jumping down their throat. I cant tell you how many times I have used the search feature and not found what Im looking for.

Now... Im not certain which new members you are talking about, or what exactley has transpired. But I think.... wait... I know that respect is a two way street.

I read a post today where a guy installed a lift, and was showing his flex shots. (or lack there of, the rear tire was 2' off the groud). But somebody had to go and make a smartass comment about "Nice flex". I know some of you say they should be thick skinned and quit being a baby. But then again, what about the wise old saying that your grandparents and parents use to teach you. "If you cant say something nice, then dont say anything at all." People get excited about installing a new 1.5" lift... That Tacoma is their baby... we should respect that.

If a noob is getting out of line, then put him in check. If he is breaking the board rules or the trail rules (ie tread lightly and packing out your trash ect) then we will ban the fucker. I just think we need to give respect to get respect.

Now... I'll put my flame suit on, because my opinion always seems to be the minority around here! LOL

Burn away! hehe

Yogi

Hey all,
I think it's great that there are new people finally joining the Az chapter and bringing in new blood.........BUT.........is it just me or are the majority of them a bunch of asshats? I may not have understood many of things I do now when I started, but holy crap these guys come across as prime candidates to ride on the short bus. It also seems they have major attitude towards veteran members who they don't even know. I personally feel that the Az group is a tight knit group and it takes some time/trail runs/trips to become part of the group. The new guys seem to come across as if we owe them something or that they have the right to do as they please. I for one am not all that thrilled with a dictatorship type rule, but I do think people need to be kept in check. I think they need to understand that some level of respect and maturity need to be had if they want to be part of the AzTTORA chapter. Is there a way to convey this to them with out being a total asshole, or is the asshole approach the way to go? I feel that if this isn't dealt with soon, it's only going to become more problematic like the main board has. What do you guys think?

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear ya Ronn. I can say that the main board has become a mess. I think it's bad enough that I would probably ban 10 times the amount that have recently been just to bring back some civility. The issue spans both newbs and members who've been around long enough to know better. I'm spending less and less time on the main board because of how bad it's gotten, and I'm not alone. As of late, I see things on the Azboard heading in the same direction. So I figured it'd be better to see what others thought before things progressed further into main board status. At this point, I guess it's a wait and see situation with the newbs to see how they progress and how others choose to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I agree... the main board is not a fun place to be anymore. I hardly ever post over there. And the way I see it, its more due to the Vetrans than the noobs. Like Hardtaco and his supporters. I cant believe that so many Vetran members want that tool to stay around, or for us to unban him. WTF? What good does that asshat offer the club? Nothing!!!! They should ban all his fucking supporters too! Id like to put my Nazi hat back on and start modd'ing like I use to. But the grief you get for doing your job is just not worth it.

Seems like its a lose lose situtaion.

Yogi

I hear ya Ronn. I can say that the main board has become a mess. I think it's bad enough that I would probably ban 10 times the amount that have recently been just to bring back some civility. The issue spans both newbs and members who've been around long enough to know better. I'm spending less and less time on the main board because of how bad it's gotten, and I'm not alone. As of late, I see things on the Azboard heading in the same direction. So I figured it'd be better to see what others thought before things progressed further into main board status. At this point, I guess it's a wait and see situation with the newbs to see how they progress and how others choose to deal with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts