TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Taco, quad cab, 4x4, 3inch Rough Country Lift with Dueler A/T's and K&N Airfliter (insert joke here)

I am looking to get some serious offroad time and willing to travel to do it.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Welcome. My 13-year old daughter lives in Pensacola, so I'm familiar with your neck of the woods. Anyway, I have you been to the trails at Eglin AFB? I haven't been yet, and recently found out they're still open to the public. Wouldn't mind taking my daughter there one day when I come visit.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! Glad to have you join us!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome to TTORA. There is plenty of off roading to do everywhere.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The trails @ Eglin are about the best you'll find in th Pan Handle. Just be sure to get a pass. I used to go out there a bunch. There is mile of trails that look like this...

There is some really deep sand out there. Nothing really challenging but a nice drive through pretty country.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hey welcome to the site. I live down in New Port Richey. Check the Fl chapter, we are starting to get more guys joining up your way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im also new to this site and im from Panama City. Where are those trails at over by Eglin? Ive never even heard of them. There is a lot of trails here in Panama City, but they turned all of them into hunting leases so im not going to pay 500-1000 a year to use them.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Hey Joey,

Can't help ya on the Eglin trails. I can only assume you drive up to the gate and ask them where you need to go to get the permit and where the trails are at.

Anyway, I used to live in Tallahassee about 15 years ago. We used to go to the trails in the Apalachicola National Forest just south of Tallahassee. I don't know if they're still open to the public, but back then they were.

·
Registered
456 Posts
To get to the Eglin trails, go south on 87 from 10. You'll see the on you right and left of the highway before you get to Navarre. No gate. Just tool around all you want. I ordered my pass from the base. They mailed me a pass and a map. I forgot how I got the address but you have to send them info on you truck and a copy of you drivers license. Get the pass! You can drive out there without it but don't risk it. Be sure to check out Buck pond. It is loaded with some pretty good size bass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
7wt
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing