TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though this rig has been built previously, since we have torn everything out and starting from scratch I think it is safe to say it is a "new" build not a "re-do"...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, is the rear end a Currie 9" replacement for FJ's or was it custom?

Does that guys shirt say SDHQ Fucker?:rofl:
It was a custom currie rear end, but not the one specific for FJs although they do have the rock jock dana 60 for the Tacomas and FJs.

Yup thats what it says, you are the first one to notice.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I assume by the color that is the "Uber FJ" that Demello built? Does the original owner still have it or did he ever sell it? Didn't it originally have a TC kit on the front?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I assume by the color that is the "Uber FJ" that Demello built? Does the original owner still have it or did he ever sell it? Didn't it originally have a TC kit on the front?
Yup its the Uber FJ,Nope different owner, and ya it had a TC kit.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was wrong about the cage before?? What a shame!! And all the trash talk on AZFJ's forum WOW!
I don't think there was any trash talk on the AZFJ forum... Those guys are the same as you, they wanted to know why the tear out.. If you have seen the pics on the AZFJ forum it should be pretty obvious why it was decided to remove it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New owner... The TC kit that was on there was set up with a hair over 10" of travel... Since we were going to go through it all and re-bushing/uniball/service it we decided to go with the Camgurg kit that we have been using on all our newer Toyota builds.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was wrong about the cage before?? What a shame!! And all the trash talk on AZFJ's forum WOW!
Since Ryan did not say it on the AZFJ forum, but I know that I have heard him talking to guys that have come down here to check out the build, I should repeat it here. The end result of the build the first time around (before the new owner bought it) has a lot to do with the original owner, I know that the original builder had his hands tied when it came to a lot of what went into it and what we found wrong with it should not be put entirely on the builders shoulders.

We are very fortunate that most of Ryans customers will give him a brief over view with what they want and then he is able to create the final product.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Looks great SDHQ. Keep it up.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
New owner... The TC kit that was on there was set up with a hair over 10" of travel... Since we were going to go through it all and re-bushing/uniball/service it we decided to go with the Camgurg kit that we have been using on all our newer Toyota builds.
So is the TC kit just sitting in the junk pile waiting for me to swing by and pick it up?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Seems like a waste of money buying that FJ from that guy for way more than a stock used one, then just tearing it all out and redoing it all over. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So is the TC kit just sitting in the junk pile waiting for me to swing by and pick it up?
Seems like a waste of money buying that FJ from that guy for way more than a stock used one, then just tearing it all out and redoing it all over. just my :2cents:
Did the new owner pay $100,000 for it? curious cause thats how much it was listed for on Race-Dezert.com
The customer picked it up for less than half of what it was listed at... With the sale of most of the take off items we are starting with the price of a stock FJ... I think we still have the light rack for the top & rear currie housing/axles/brakes still for sale.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I saw the pics over on the azfj forum of what the cage looked like when you guys cut it out. Good thing nobody ever tested how well it would of held up in a high speed crash.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
About this Discussion
127 Replies
59 Participants
MERCER FABRICATION
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing