TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I already searched, with no success. Does anyone know anything about these tires? They are cheap compared to other mt tires. All I know about them is that they are a Korean company that's been around for quite awhile.

http://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/suv-light-truck/roadian-mt
Hey I have a Co-Worker that had those M/T, Price was around $600 with tax. However if you don't care about the side wall then go for it cause they're only 2PLY, But if you like the 3Ply then don't get it. Thread itself look good but not as nice as what I have on mine the KM2. The size he had on was 31/10.5/15r. Hope this help you a bit:)

·
Registered
516 Posts
You are correct about the tires being Korean. I have sold quite a few of them without any problems. They smell like moldy camel shit and like others have said, they have two ply sidewalls. Other than that, they aren't bad for an inexpensive mud terrain tire.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
believe my Hankooks are Korean made as well

edited:

^ well that's a fuk up... they're made in China :eek:

they smell like rubber tho'...
just same as the KMII's they replaced ;)

hell... I didn't even think that Chinese had camels :confused: :dunno:

btw... did I say muh dd pos is a Daewoo ?
one can blame the Koreans for that one tho' :p

btw... neither has failed me :dunno:

·
Registered
962 Posts
yep hankooks are korean. And I too cant complain about them. I had 30k on mine before I had a blowout, and balljoint issues killed another one. I havnt looked at the nexen, but hell, as long as you like them, and they will handle the type of terrain you intend on driving, then go for it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Most of the tire manufacturing has gone overseas. It's a shame, but it is what it is. Even the big box stores sell tires mostly made overseas. Such as Toyo's from Les Schwab. It's actually rather difficult to find tires made here in the US.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Most of the tire manufacturing has gone overseas. It's a shame, but it is what it is. Even the big box stores sell tires mostly made overseas. Such as Toyo's from Les Schwab. It's actually rather difficult to find tires made here in the US.
The Toyo/Nitto off road line is made in White, Ga.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
from what I've read...
Toyo tires are made in Japan...

Both Toyo and Nitto are owned/controlled
by Toyo Tire and Rubber Co. LTD Sendai, Japan

2011 there was a wee recall on Toyo rubbers.
^ excludes USA made/stamped rubbers tho'

I'm not a fan, would seem. ;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
The Hankook Dynapro MT is Made In China. Hankook is a Korean Company and "Hankook" means "Korean" in Korean.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
^ dat's true

but they were affordable...
and I'm gonna ruin 'dem anyways :p

three references to Korean, in one sentence...
you're working too hard... Lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've sold a lot of Toyo tires, and not one of them has been marked "made in the USA". Most are made in Japan, as mentioned above. I have seen some made in China also. But, as I said before, most tires are now made overseas. Pretty tough to find USA made tires.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Crazy. That's the first one I've seen with that stamp. I wonder when they started doing that? Unfortunately, it doesn't usually make sense money wise to build tires in the US.

Just for the record, I haven't seen this one in person...so they still don't exist. :flipoff4:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts